Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Top Ten Most Intimidating Books



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Today's topic is - Top Ten Most Intimidating Books

Not really intimidating, I'm not intimidated by books, but more apprehension. 

In no particular order:


 The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Notre-Dame of Paris by Victor Hugo
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Under The Dome by Stephen King
The Complete Novels of Jane Austen by Jane Austen

There isn't a single particular reason as to why I delay reading these (with the exception of Jane Austen). I think it is a combination of their size and spending such a huge amount of time reading one book, plus I'd hate to get half way and be bored of them. 
I have Jane Austen's books all in a complete volume. I'm worried about reading any of her works as when I read Pride and Prejudice in high school I found it so boring. I know - why did I buy the complete volume then! - well, I wanted to try again, but I'm worried I'm still going to hate it, so I haven't tried. 


A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

I want to read these so much. I have the first 6 books for A Song of Fire and Ice which are all (well) over 500 pages. That's a LOT of reading!
I also have the complete Vampire Academy series and the first 3 books in The Mortal Instruments. As there are so many to read through to "catch up" with the series, its a little off putting. :(


That's my Top Ten. Leave a comment (and link to your post!) with your answer to this weeks top ten. =)


9 comments:

  1. Lol. The classics! Yep. scary.

    Here's my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. George RR Martin is on my TTT list today as well :)

    And those huge classics can be intimidating, for sure, but they are still good! (At least the ones I've already read)

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also afraid of game of thrones and the mortal instruments.

    Glad to see I"m not the only one!

    Here's My TTT

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also afraid of Games of Thrones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the minority of people and I didn't really love City of Bones. It was good and all, but I just didn't love it.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Game of Thrones seems to be an incredibly popular choice!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOT is definitely on my intimidating list. Although I'm determined to read it. Count of Monte Cristo is awesome - and an easy read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna Karenina and Game of Thrones are on my list too! And don't worry about Pride and Prejudice! It's a phenomenal book. Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Game of Thrones was on my list too. I loved the Count of Monte Cristo and the Jane Austen books. Sometimes she is a bit wordy on the definitions, but I love the word play and humor.

    I am planning on reading the Cassandra Clare books soon. I think they will be fun.

    Crystal @ Reading Through Life

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...