This 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is hosted by Good Books and Good Wine.
Day 7: Talk about your blogging quirks.
I don't know if I have any quirks.
- Ummm, I don't schedule posts, I write them either when they are due (for tours, reveals, memes etc) or when I feel like it.
- Further to that, I keep a record of what tours, blitz, reveals etc I will be participating in on a calendar and create the post on the day, rather then schedule the post when I receive the information.
- I don't auto anything really. Everything I put up on social media I do manually (and when I remember).
- I tend to write longer reviews for books I didn't like as there are points I can discuss and I've made more notes. Yet I struggle discussing the good in a book I enjoy as I'm too busy enjoying it that I don't take notes.
- I write my thoughts on a book in a notepad before I start wording my review in a post.
Day 8: Quick! Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on blogs.
- Design. I like clean, organised designs. If it feels cluttered I won't return.
- Style. Easy to read font, and colours. White on black, yellow on brown etc, I can't focus on what I'm reading - the whole point I'm there.
- Variety. I like to see different things such as discussions, excerpts, promotional posts etc, and not just reviews as, unless I've already read the book, I only look at the rating and overall thoughts and not read the review because I don't want the book spoilt for me.
- Easy navigation. If I want to follow you, or search for something I don't want to be looking all over the place trying to find it because things haven't been put in a organised way.
- Silence. I don't like loading any page (blog or website) and be forced to listen to music or a video etc. I won't return. It's a pet peeve of mine. I hate going to a site and not only having the music come on, but then not be able to find a way to turn it off.
- Review Archives. If I like your review of a book, then I'd like to go back to your other reviews and see what you thought of ones I've read and am yet to read.
- Personality. I like to see you come through in your blog.
- Regular Updates. I know that it's not always possible, but if a blog continues to take breaks (as in a few weeks apart) or doesn't post for a while, I lose interest.
- Opinionated. I love blogs that say what they really think and take a stance on controversial topics.
- Varied Reviews. If all the reviews are positive 5 star reviews your blog isn't for me. As per the point above, I like your honest opinion, negative reviews are good reviews too.
- Other ways to follow. While I have GFC on my blog, personally GFC isn't good for me to follow a blog through. I don't want to be bombarded by emails from every blog. I like other options, such as Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin.
- No Captcha. There are other ways to stop spam. If I comment and have to do captcha there's a big chance I just don't comment at all.
- Not just words. I like posts, especially long posts, to have a picture in to break up the words. Even if it's just the cover of the book in a review, or a photo of the stack of books you got and not just a list of them.
- Links. If you are going to talk about a book, link it to Goodreads. If I like the sound of the book and I want to add it or look further into it, I like the convenience of a link. Sometimes I'll just forget it and not bother to follow it if there is no link.
- Ratings. Sometimes I don't want to read the full review as I'm yet to read the book, but I would like a general idea of what they thought and ratings do that just fine.