Monday, 1 July 2013

Summer Lovin' Read-a-thon Sign up Post & Day 1

The Summer Lovin’ Readathon is a week-long readathon event hosted by seven independent bloggers! (Oh, Chrys!, Tumbling Books, Effortlessly Reading, Love Life Read, Shelf Addiction, Read Sleep Repeat, and Reviewing Wonderland)

Spend the week reading at your own pace, when and how you want too. There will be daily challenges for awesome prizes and opportunities to get points toward the Grand Prize Packs.

As if that weren’t enough – the week will end with a 24-hr marathon readathon! Twitter parties, mini-challenges, games, prizes given EVERY HOUR, and more chances to get points toward the Grand Prize Packs.

Sign-ups will be open through July 6th. I’m in, are you?!

*************************



Day 1: Class Orientation (Introduce Yourself)

Hello everyone! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Sabina, and I'm in my early 30's (I'm in denial which is why I don't say my age!). I live outside of Brisbane, in Australia. I'm currently at University studying a dual degree in Business and Law, which takes up a lot of my time. The rest of my time is spent with my son.
I've been reading since I was young. I can't remember what got me into reading, I just know that I spent a lot of time reading at night before bed. My mother is a big reader too so that most likely has a lot to do with it. 

I read both YA and adult books, sometimes NA. The past year (since I've been blogging/ found Goodreads)  I've been mainly reading YA. I love Sci Fi and Fantasy, especially dystopian/
apocalyptic/post apocalyptic. I recently started reading more contemporary and have been really enjoying it too. 
My Goal: 4 books. Depends how much free time I get.

Books to Read:
I'm not sure what I will read, whether it be review books, library books I recently got, or books that have been sitting on my shelf for ages that I really should have read by now. 

Possible ones are: 
Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts
Contaminated by Em Garner
Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor
Dare You To by Katie McGarry
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris


Update:

Monday
Currently Reading: I'm currently reading Pivot Point (I read 73 pages before today, so I wont count that). 
Pages read: 45 (Bad reading day)
Books read: -


Challenge:

 #1: Teaser Tidbits

Pivot Point by Kasie West


I shake my head as if she can see me. "No, that's not true. He fits all the criteria of a male best friend."
"Okay, I'll play. What are the criteria of a male best friend?"


Ok, Ok, I know that's not two sentences, but it was hard to find just two sentences that made any sense. So part of a phone call will have to do. :p



3 comments:

  1. Wow - so good to "meet" you! I too am a *cough* thirty-something female with a love of YA, mostly Sci-Fi, Dystopian, and Paranormal. But I will read anything YA/NA.

    I so badly want to read Pivot Point! Can't wait to see what you think of it. And I will be sure to check out your other picks for this week as I have not heard of many of them before.

    *New Follower* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. You are busy, friend, if you are doubling in law and business.
    I like reading a little bit of everything too. Get to sample more that way.

    Nice teaser. It makes me say, "yea, what IS the criteria anyway?"

    New follower via bloglovin'
    Jen @ Book Beats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sabina! Nice to meet you! Thanks for this Teaser, Pivot Point wasn't on my radar before, but it is now! Enjoy the rest of the readathon!

    Tamara @ Shelf Addiction
    Pink Lady

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...