Thursday, 18 July 2013

Review: Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry





Title: Pushing The Limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Series: Pushing The Limits, #1
Publication Date: July 31, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Source: Bought








Description

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.



Review
A while ago Harlequinn Teen offered a sneak peek at Pushing The Limits, the first 2 chapters I believe. I wasn't sure this was going to be for me so I read those 2 chapters. I was instantly draw to the story and purchased the book. It took me a little while to get to read it (and even longer to write the review! o_o  Shame on me) but I definitely loved this story. 

Firstly there is Noah who has lost both parents and is wanting custody of his younger brothers, who are currently with a lovely couple. Unfortunately Noah doesn't believe they are nor does he realise they are the best thing for his brothers. 

Then there is Echo, who has her own tragedies  With the death of her older brother, and scars that she hides from everyone along with the lost memory of how they occurred that night at her mothers place. 

The novel alternates between Noah and Echo's point of views throughout the novel and is engaging this way.   


Both are seeing the school counselor, Mrs Collins, who is actually trying to help them and is a major factor in Noah and Echo getting together, pairing them for Echo to tutor Noah. 
Through their contact they grow and develop into better versions of themselves. 

I loved this book as it is written in a way that you can empathize with them; see and feel them grow and feel their pain, sadness, joy and happiness. I loved both Noah and Echo, and Noah's friends Beth and Isaiah. This is an emotional read with surprising depth and feeling. Another to add to the TBR if you haven't already. 

Also Beth has her story in Dare You To (released May 28 2013), and Isaiah in Crash Into You (expected release November 26 2013). 

★★★★★ 
It Was Amazing


Author Bio
Source

KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. 
 Author Links



4 comments:

  1. If you enjoyed this one I feel like you would love Dare You to, it's my favorite in the series so far! I felt so bad for the characters in this one, but I am glad they had each other to lean on! Great review!

    Alise @ Readers in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read Dare You To. I loved it as well. I'm waiting for Crash Into You now. There was a chapter sample at the end of Dare You To and I can already tell I'm going to love that one too! =D

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this book! I can't wait to start Dare You To now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll love Dare You To as well. I did. =)

      Delete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...