Saturday, 13 July 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Day 6 : Describe how you shop for books

This 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is hosted by Good Books and Good Wine.


Day 6: Describe how you shop for books.


It depends. If I'm looking at book hauls or new releases and see something I'd love to read, I'll generally log on to the Book Depository and order from there. 

If I'm at Big W or some other department store I'll wander over to the book section and browse (for too long as my son complains) and see what they have. I look at pretty, eye catching covers first. Then I try to recall some popular books in the blogs/reviews I read and see if they are there. If none of that yields results I'll start reading all the titles and author names for something that sounds familiar and then read the blurb on the back to see if I'm interested enough to buy it. I get a lot of my random purchases this way. 
Also, I can't walk past a bookshop without going in and looking around, I tend to wander to their Fantasy/Sci Fi section, then the YA section, then on to Adult Fiction and Crime. If they have a reduced section I start there first. I usually don't want to leave, and there might be something that I didn't see the first time (or second time, or third time) that I might miss if I don't check again, so I tend to do a couple of rounds. I can waste a lot of time in a bookstore. I'm glad that the better one in the area isn't where I normally go shopping. ;)

Unfortunately for the booksellers here, it is cheaper to get my books from the Book Depository then it is to buy them here. I don't mind waiting a few days for my order if I'm saving enough over 2 books to buy a third.  






1 comment:

  1. It's hard to beat the prices you can get online. I actually try to avoid local book stores unless I'm going for something specific because I can't seem to just browse without leaving with something I didn't intend to buy.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...