Wednesday, 17 July 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Day 9 & 10


Day 9: Why do you blog about books?


I was running late last night so I didn't do Day 9's post, so here it is.

Before I say why, I need to say how I started. I wanted a way to track the books I read and got put onto Goodreads. Through Goodreads I discovered several amazing bloggers. I decided book blogging would be an awesome thing to get involved in and this is why. ....

I blog about books because:
  1.  I wanted somewhere that I could discuss the books I read that was my own little part of the internet, not just Goodreads. 
  2. I have difficulty writing how I feel and writing my thoughts down on specific topics and I figured that my love of reading would be able to assist me in this. 
  3. Lastly, I found a community that I could relate too. Reading is generally a solitary act and having fellow readers to discuss books with was largely appealing. While my husband does do some reading it is not the same genre of books as me and he doesn't all that much. I don't have any friends that read either. So it didn't take much thought for me to realise this was something I would definitely enjoy. And it's fun!
They are the main reasons I blog about books. I don't get to do anywhere near enough photography to justify a photography blog, but I'm always reading. It was a logical choice for me. 


Day 10: How do you chose what to read next?


I use to be a mood reader, and I think I still am. Though lately my choices have been based on what needs to be reviewed first. 

When I'm choosing a book (not including review books) I generally I would pick out a couple I'm thinking of reading and then in no particular order I'd start reading them. If the first page doesn't make me interested enough to keep going, I'll put it down and move on to the next one. I'll continue until one of them attracts my attention enough to get past the first page. If none in that group do, I'll put them away and pick another stack of books that interest me. 
That's it. Nothing too complicated, just a lot of lifting of books. =D




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...