Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #20: In The After by Demitria Lunetta

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.







 Expected publication: June 25th 2013  
 Publisher: HarperTeen

They hear the most silent of footsteps.
They are faster than anything you've ever seen.
And They won't stop chasing you...until you are dead.

Amy is watching TV when it happens, when the world is attacked by Them. These vile creatures are rapidly devouring mankind. Most of the population is overtaken, but Amy manages to escape—and even rescue “Baby,” a toddler left behind in the chaos. Marooned in Amy’s house, the girls do everything they can to survive—and avoid Them at all costs.

After years of hiding, they are miraculously rescued and taken to New Hope, a colony of survivors living in a former government research compound. While at first the colony seems like a dream with plenty of food, safety, and shelter, New Hope slowly reveals that it is far from ideal. And Amy soon realizes that unless things change, she’ll lose Baby—and much more.

Rebellious, courageous, and tender, this unforgettable duo will have you on the edge of your seat as you tear through the pulse-pounding narrow escapes and horrifying twists of fate in this thrilling debut from author Demitria Lunetta.

I love dystopia books so needless to say I'd want to check this one out too. I hope its as action packed as it suggests. 
I'm not sure if the cover is suitable for the story, but I like the cover anyway. It's plain but a little creepy at the same time. 


     What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?  



18 comments:

  1. Sounds so good...I cant wait to read this.
    MY WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at this one and I'm going have to have to jump on it.
    Cricket@LittleLibraryMuse
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! Haven't heard of this one before!

    Here's my Wow

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! It's so cool to visit another Aussie book blog :D I really want this book!! It sounds so interesting and cool! =)

    Thanks for visiting!
    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this one before and I'm really looking forward to it. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading the book when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of that book. Looks creepy.

    My WOW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds freaking awesome! First time I've heard about this one!
    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the After sounds amazing. I really can't wait to read it! Great pick.
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen this on around before and have it already added to my goodreads. It does sound like a really good read. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for In the After!!! It sounds so creepy and good. Great pick!!! :)

    Bailey at IB Book Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice, I hadn't heard of it before today but it's gone straight onto my wishlist!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness that does sounds like an interesting book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! THis book sounds simply amazing. I love the cover, I love the synopsis, everything. Sounds great! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one of my most anticipated of the year. I'm sure hoping it lives up to that awesome sounding summary! Great pick!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a great dystopian :)I always love reading book about people surviving, especially with younger kids.

    Great pick!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excited for this one! Crazy dystopian. Wondering what creatures attacked? Zombies? New Hope sounds like a scary cult! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...