Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Top Ten Best Bookish Memories




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.



Top Ten Best Bookish Memories (waiting in line for a new release, meeting an author, or some sort of great experience with a particular book that was unlike others)

Despite being an avid reader for pretty much my entire life, I only just started blogging 6 months ago and this has opened my eyes, and reading, to an entire world I didn't know existed! Unfortunately I haven't been to any events because I haven't been able to find any in my area. 

1. Receiving my first ever signed book - needless to say signed books by favourite authors are always awesome

2.Starting Harry Potter - I started the series at Harry Potter and the Order of Pheonix. I hadn't really had much interest in it, but my Uncle in Germany was reading it and thought I'd like it so he sent me his copy. I loved and and then had to purchase the read of the series and catch up. Waiting for the last book was the hardest part! 

3. Starting blogging - I came across Goodreads and thought it was a great way to keep track of the books I own. Well that was a year ago and now it has grown into so much more for me. I also came across someones (I think Kat @ Cuddlebuggery) review of a book and then checked out their website which lead me to all the other wonderful book bloggers and opened up another world for me. Within a few months I wanted to join the community and started my own blog. 

4. Being ReTweeted by awesome authors ;)

5. Discovering the YA genre - I think I kind of skipped from childrens books to adults books. There are so many awesome books and authors that I am now enjoying. 

6. Finding out about Bookfest. The first time I went was 3 years ago and I picked up so many books I needed a new bookshelf to put them on! 

7. As lame as this sounds - Discovering the Book Depository. There are only a few book stores around here and they charge a lot more of books then they should. The Book Depository has been a blessing - I have purchased so many books there in 2012 that I need another 2 bookshelves to put them on. 

8. My awesome Uncle sending me The Neverending Story when I was young, which was, and still is, a favourite book of mine. 

9. A dear friend that introduced me to the fantasy genre, and to JRR Tolkien and David Eddings. 

10. Everyone involved in book blogging - the amazing bloggers, awesome followers and wonderful authors. 



What is your top ten this week? Leave me a comment so I can visit yours. =) 

5 comments:

  1. Ha, I love how you started HP with book 5! But obviously, it's amazing that you did start those series :) And I can't agree more about the Book Depository: I don't know where else I would have to find my books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first signed book, started to blog, finding out about TBD, discovering YA, starting HP, all memories I love too :) Great list!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love signed books and HP made my memory list too! Thanks for sharing your memories. Here are mine http://wp.me/pzUn5-1pk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Harry Potter!! :) I think I went from children's books to adult books as well. I was reading Stephen King and V.C. Andrews in middle school and it only went on from there! Luckily I've found YA, so now I try to strike a balance! Great list!

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh The Book Depository was one of the best things I ever discovered too! And you can buy the edition you actually want = amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...