Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #23 - Shutdown by Heather Anastasiu; The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey; Dare You To by Katie McGarry

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Expected publication: September 17th, 2013  
 Publisher: Balzar & Bray

The battle is all but over, and all hope seems to be lost. Zoe and her fellow Resistance fighters are on the run, having lost their home, their protection, and their leader. They are outnumbered and outmatched by the powerful corporation that controls the world, and the cruel Chancellor is inches away from completing a scheme that would kill most of humanity. Zoe's only remaining option is to chase the impossible dream of upending the Link system, freeing the world from the hardware that controls their thoughts and emotions, and hope it will trigger a revolution. 
The plot requires a nearly impossible mission to infiltrate the dangerous Community, and it is a task that Zoe must unfortunately complete alone. After horrific torture at the hands of the Chancellor, Adrien remains unresponsive, an empty shell of the boy Zoe loves. With challenges and surprises at every turn, nothing goes according to plan. Adrien's visions of the future now show two possible outcomes: one in which they succeed, and one in which humanity falls. It all lies in Zoe's hands. 

Full of high-adrenaline action and shocking twists, Shutdown is a heart-pounding conclusion to an exciting sci-fi adventure trilogy for young adults.
The thrilling conclusion to an action-packed sci-fi trilogy.


I have finished Glitch and Override, and needless to say I want to know what happens! 




Expected publication: May 7th 2013 by Putnam Juvenile

The Passage meets Ender’s Game in an epic new series from award-winning author Rick Yancey.

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.


I have The 5th Wave as my second pick today as it was one I was waiting on but I did get to post it, and now I'm not really "waiting" on it per-say as I have been approved on Netgalley to read it. =D



Expected publication: May 28th 2013 by Harlequin Teen

Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..."


If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all...



Dare You To is in the same situation as The 5th Wave. I wanted to read it, but hadn't read Pushing the Limits yet and so it wasn't featured as a WoW post but I recently finished Pushing The Limits (review to come) and loved it. When I saw Dare You To available on Netgalley I just had to request it and I got approved. So while I'm not really "waiting" on it, I haven't read it yet, therefore it can be featured today as well. =P

     What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?  



9 comments:

  1. Nice picks! Haven't heard of these before but hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the cover of ShutDown yet and I haven't read the first two books in the series either but I like the sound of the previous two and I'd love to read them.
    I'm already waiting on The 5th Wave and Dare you to was absolutely amazing! I love reading it and I hope you enjoy reading it when you get the chance to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I haven't started the first series you mentioned, but I just added The 5th Wave to my TBR. It's aliens, right? Those stories always creep me out. How do we know we're not alone in the universe, ya know? And I can't wait to get to my copy of Dare You To! I hope we both love it! :) Thanks for sharing & stopping by my WoW today! Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm especially excited for the 5th Wave it's already receiving some rave reviews, I can't wait! Great picks!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three awesome picks! I've read Dare You To and it's amazing! Can't wait to read them! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any series besides Pushing the limits. I read Dare You To recently and I loved it. Can't wait to read your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved McGarry's Pushing the Limits, and I'm excited for Dare You To.

    I'm currently hosting a giveaway on my blog, Breath of Books, of Emily Murdoch's If You Find Me. Stop by if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...