Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #22 - 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.







 Expected publication: September 17th, 2013  
 Publisher: Balzar & Bray

Josie Byrne's life is spiraling out of control. Her parents are divorcing, her boyfriend Nick has grown distant, and her physics teacher has it in for her. When she's betrayed by the two people she trusts most, Josie thinks things can't get worse.

Until she starts having dreams about a girl named Jo. Every night at the same time—3:59 a.m.

Jo's life is everything Josie wants: she's popular, her parents are happily married, and Nick adores her. It all seems real, but they're just dreams, right? Josie thinks so, until she wakes one night to a shadowy image of herself in the bedroom mirror – Jo. 

Josie and Jo realize that they are doppelgängers living in parallel universes that overlap every twelve hours at exactly 3:59. Fascinated by Jo's perfect world, Josie jumps at the chance to jump through the portal and switch places for a day.

But Jo’s world is far from perfect. Not only is Nick not Jo's boyfriend, he hates her. Jo's mom is missing, possibly insane. And at night, shadowy creatures feed on human flesh.

By the end of the day, Josie is desperate to return to her own life. But there’s a problem: Jo has sealed the portal, trapping Josie in this dangerous world. Can she figure out a way home before it’s too late?

From master of suspense Gretchen McNeil comes a riveting and deliciously eerie story about the lives we wish we had – and how they just might kill you.

Earlier in the year for one of my Top Ten posts I said that I would love to see more alternative dimension books so when I read the synopse for this I just knew it was going to be a book for me. Plus that cover is creepy!


     What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?  



13 comments:

  1. How can I resist another Gretchen McNeil book? I'm pretty sure it's impossible, great pick! If you'd like to check out my WoW you can do so here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh that looks intriguing! Haven't heard of this author before!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added this one on my to-read list earlier today and I'm really looking forward to reading it. The summary sounds awesome so I can't wait. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping that I really enjoy this one. Gretchen McNeil hasn't overly impressed me so far, though I do find her books extremely readable! And it's got alternate dimensions in it - it's got to be awesome, right?!

    My WoW this week is Thornhill by Kathleen Peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son told me I should write a story with a parallel universe next, but I think I'll leave the task to Ms. McNeil. It sounds amazing! I still haven't read TEN yet, but *need* to. *looks to see if library has it*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one looks really good! I've not read any of Gretchen McNeil's books, but I am eager to. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    Amanda @ Books & Band-aids

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds absolutely FANTASTIC. Parallel universes really intrigue me. I'll definitely need to check this out.
    New follower!

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard so many great things about this author and can't wait to read her books. I love the idea of having a parallel universe. Plus the whole 3:59 thing hooked me.

    Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does sound and look creepy. I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat so it may not be perfect for me, but I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yessssss, I'm so excited for this! I've never read anything by Gretchen before, but I've been promised that her books are creepy and awesome.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read Ten, but this one sounds great as well :D

    WoW - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...