Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #27 - Riptide by Lindsey Scheibe

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.





 Expected publication: May 8th, 2013  
 Publisher: Flux


Grace has one summer to prove she’s good enough

For Grace Parker, surfing is all about the ride and the moment. Everything else disappears. She can forget that her best friend, Ford Watson, has a crush on her that she can’t reciprocate. She can forget how badly she wants to get a surf scholarship to UC San Diego. She can forget the pressure of her parents’ impossibly high expectations.

When Ford enters Grace into a surf competition—the only way she can impress the UCSD surfing scouts—she has one summer to train and prepare. Will she gain everything she’s ever wanted or lose the only things that ever mattered?
   
I'm on a bit of an contemporary kick lately and this just sounds like a different and fun read. Plus I love that bright cover! 


  What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?  



11 comments:

  1. Nice! Been seeing this one around a lot lately! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but I still hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh... This looks kind of good. Adding this to my tbr pile. Great pick! :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. I was approved on netgalley so i can't wait to read it :)

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OoOO I am so excited reading the first reviews from this one!! I looks like a perfect summer read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hadn't heard of this one before but I am also living contemporaries right now so onto my reading list it goes. Great choice!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. The surfing premise of this one is really intriguing me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover really is attractive. I'm not really one for sports books but I like that there is the bff drama :"">

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read more Contemporaries! This one does look very good :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigh, pretty cover. <3 It does sound like an interesting book. And I hope you will love it when it comes out :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...