Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Series I Would Like To Start But Haven't Yet




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This weeks topic is Top Ten Series I Would Like To Start But Haven't Yet

There are so many (seriously, sooooo many!) series that I want to read so I had to limit myself to the ones on my physical bookshelf otherwise I'd never come up with a top ten! (Not that I was that successful anyway!!)

In no particular order:


1. Something Strange and Deadly series  by Susan Dennard. I have the first book and the second book, A Darkness Strange and Lovely, is due out July 2013. I have heard so many good things about this book, but I still haven't read it. 

2. Black City series by Elizabeth Richards. Again, I've heard so many good things about the first book, Black City (which I got the moment it was released) but I haven't had a chance to read it and the sequel, Phoenix, is out in June 2013.

3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor. Same as above, I heard so many good things about Daughter of Smoke and Bone that I bought it, but haven't read it. The sequel is already out, Daughter of Blood and Starlight and the third book in the series is due out in 2014. 

4. The Chemical Garden series by Lauren DeStefano. I bought Wither after seeing a youtube video of Lauren. I loved the video and checked out reviews of her book and decided to give it a go, but I haven't read it yet and the last book, Sever, is out already. 

5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver. Another I bought due to the rave reviews. 

6. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. And another due to the rave reviews. 

7. Matched by Ally Condie. And another.

8. Dust Lands by Moira Young. I actually won Rebel Heart and then realised it was the second book so I bought the first one, Blood Red Road. 


9. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. I loved The Immortal Rules and The Lost Prince and when Harlequin Teen Australia had a competition to win The Iron Fey box set I jumped at the chance and obviously won. 

10. A Song of Fire and Ice series by George R. R. Martin. I have been wanting to read this series for a while now, and hubby got me the box set for Christmas. Now I just have to find the time to read it. 

****

A per usual, there are a few additional series that I have and want to read, but haven't gotten too but thought I'd share them anyway.

Recently I added the following three books that I, of course, want to read. 


Unearthly Series by Cynthia Hand. Another series that has just released its final book. Actually I wasn't aware of the love for this series until I heard all the hype over the final book.

Caster Chronicles series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I bought Beautiful Creatures when I saw the trailer for the movie. 

Article 5 by Kristen Simmons. I heard a few bloggers saying how much they enjoyed Article 5 and they were looking forward to reading Breaking Point. I love dystopian books so it was a no brainer that I'd order this one too.


These are my series of shame! I purchased most of them a year ago and still haven't read them. 

I have the complete Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I haven't read a single one of them. Despite that I also purchased Bloodlines and  and the first 2 books in the Dark Swan series. I really hope I like her books! 

I have the first 3 books in The Mortal Instruments series. I have book 2 on my kindle that's why it isn't in the photo. 

I also have the first 3 books in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

I've heard great things about all these series and I really want to start them all. I'm trying not to buy any more books, and also stop requesting review books this year just so I can read what is on my shelf. 


That's my Top Ten for the week. I'd love to know the series that you want to start so leave me a comment and link to yours. =)


6 comments:

  1. Haha that looks like my bookshelf! So many series to start that I haven't got around to yet. You must read A Song of Ice and Fire series soon as it is amazing! One of my favourite fantasy series of all time. A lot of books on here that are on my list too. So many great series out there I limited myself to ten but have so many more that I want to read! Great list :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/top-ten-series-id-like-to-start-but.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! We have a LOT of the same series on our lists - Vampire Academy, Shatter Me, A Song of Ice and Fire, Unearthly and Wither. We are living under the same rock apparently!

    I think you'll love Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I wasn't the biggest fan of it but nearly everyone else in the world LOVED it. I also want to read Wheel of Time but I feel like that's quite the time investment.

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have the first book syndrome as well? I tend to read the first book in a series and it's always hard for me to finish the entire series. :)You already have the books on your list, maybe a read-a-thon will help? :)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vampire academy series is one of my all time favorites and Richelle Mead is amazing!I just finished Blood Red Road and if you enjoy dystopians you will hopefully love it I definitely did.

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many awesome series! I've read some of these and they are all fantastic and all the ones you have that I haven't read I also want to start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH man. So much awesomeness here. DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE!! READ IT!! IT's amazing!!
    And VAMPIRE ACADEMY!! and THE IRONS FEY!! AND the MORTAL INSTRUMENTS! (well I've only read the first 3 of that series but loved them and the spin-off series INfernal Devices is even more amazing!)

    AND that's it. haha. I also need to crack open my copies of Black City, Wither and Blood Red Road. I hope to attack the beast that is Game of Thrones sometime this year!

    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday-series-i-want-to-start.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...