Friday, 8 March 2013

Feature & Follow #18


Feature and Follow Friday is host by Parajunkee and Allison Can Read and give bloggers a topic to discuss each week while discovering new blogs.

I haven't done FF for a while but felt like doing something different today so here I am!

Q: What is a book you didn't like that all your friends raved about or what book did you love that wasn't popular?



   Books I didn't like that others raved about (because that's the easier part of the question as I can't think of a book I love that wasn't popular) ......umm, there are a few. Top 5 that come to mind are:

Crewel by Gennifer Albin - there were so many people that gave it 5 stars and said it was so good, and yeah it wasn't the worst I've read, but I definitely didn't enjoy it enough to give it 5 stars. 

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire - **this book has nothing to do with the Beautiful Creatures series! ***. this one had more mixed reviews and most of the reviewers I follow didn't love it either, but it sticks in my mind as when I posted my review I had people go "oh I loved it", I also saw it featured in a lot of best of 2012 lists, and I just really didn't like it. 

The Hunt by Andrews Fudaka - Lots of people loved this because of how different it was, and yeah it was, but it just was so different it was to the point of ridiculous. 

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff - to be fair, I haven't fully read it, nor reviewed it. When I started out with Goodreads last year and blogging a lot of the reviewers I followed who had similar tastes to me absolute loved this. I went and bought it from my local bookstore (which is a lot more expensive then where I normally get my books) because I thought I just have to read this. I got about 20 or 30 pages in and haven't picked it up since. I'm secretly hoping it was just a mood thing and if I try it at a different time I'll love it, but for now, ah, No.

Not just a book this time, but a series - you all know what I'm going to say right? - Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I didn't hate all the books, just most of them. I have friends that raved about this series and I put off reading them for the longest time thinking that I wouldn't like them, and then I caved and gave them a go. Yeah, I didn't like them. 


How about you?  I'd love to see your answer so leave me your link in the comments. =)


19 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I've read mixed reviews of all the books you mentioned so you're not alone. I am a big Twilight fan, but it's obviously very controversial.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of those but I have heard mixed stuff on Beautiful Creatures too. New Follower via GFC

    My FF @ Starbucks & Books Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newest Follower!
    I am so loving seeing how everyone has answered this question this week, I don't think I have seen one repeat book (yet)!

    Come see my answer...Tena's Feature and Follow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with you on Twilight! Can't believe how many people started liking it. And it irked me that everyone started liking paranormal reads then since I was teased by my friends before Twilight for loving them.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read most of them, I'm iffy about reading Beautiful Creatures. I loved the movie, so we'll see about the books!
    I'm a new follower, here's my FF at Rookie Romance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Beautiful Creatures (I want to though) - Beautiful Disaster is a completely different book with another author. =)

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure what I rated Crewel with, but I know that it was pretty high. I loved the unique concept, but I can also see why a lot of people have mixed feelings about it.

    FF - Mel@thedailyprophecy.
    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I did hear about The Hunt and good things as well! Perhaps should still look into it to form my own opinion :)

    Thanks for sharing! I am now also following you :)

    Florentine @ Readiculously Peachy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of those. And I dislike Twilight too. I'm pretty sure that series will pop up a lot today :)

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-and-follow-38.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I didn't like Crewel either. I couldn't even finish it. Not going to bother with Beautiful Disaster, just not my type of book. Haven't read The Hunt. and in regards to Stormdancer the start is actually really bogged down and slow, but you need to get past the like 20-30% mark and it's really something else after that. So just stick to it xD

    New follower

    -Nyx @ Unraveling Words

    ReplyDelete
  10. Twilight is the only one I'm familiar with.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of these except for Twilight but I have been wanting to to read both Beautiful Disaster and Crewel. Don't think I'll bother with The Hunt or Stormdancer though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower via GFC! :)

    http://owlnestlyreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I heard similar things about Crewel but I did love Beautiful Disaster. PageGirlsPageofBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. Old follower

    I wasn't a fan of Twilight either, and I've not read the rest XD

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-and-follow-friday-139.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Following by Twitter. I actually enjoyed Twilight even though I've seen it on a bunch of blogs this week!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Im your newest follower :) Just hopping through :D
    Here is my FF: http://soulfictionreviews.blogspot.ca/2013/03/my-first-feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...