Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #26 - Parasite by Mira Grant

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.







 Expected publication: November 5th, 2013  
 Publisher: Orbit


A decade in the future, humanity thrives in the absence of sickness and disease.

We owe our good health to a humble parasite - a genetically engineered tapeworm developed by the pioneering SymboGen Corporation. When implanted, the tapeworm protects us from illness, boosts our immune system - even secretes designer drugs. It's been successful beyond the scientists' wildest dreams. Now, years on, almost every human being has a SymboGen tapeworm living within them.

But these parasites are getting restless. They want their own lives... and will do anything to get them.


The cover doesn't really catch my attention, and I'm a huge cover person so it's normally the first thing that does get my attention. I actually saw this on someone's WoW a week or so ago and that's the only reason it made it onto my radar. The premise of this one sounds great. I love books like this and think this will be awesome. 
I have yet to read Mira Grant's other trilogy though I have the first book, Feed, here to read. 



     What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?  



8 comments:

  1. I love dystopic fiction and this definitely sounds like something that would intrigue me. Great pick!!

    Arlene @ WinterHaven Books
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I'm not sure about this one. Tapeworms gross me out!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this looks GOOD!
    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Been seeing a lot of this author's books around lately! Hope you enjoy this one too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really interesting premise. There seem to be many dystopians these days with a scientific focus- not that I'm complaining!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to say, tapeworms are pretty gross, but i am definitely intrigued. Nice pick.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a a scary thought, enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That actually sounds pretty amazing!! I love books like that. futuristic books are awesome!
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...