Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Today's topic is - Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread


This is easy, because I have so many. Out of the masses the top ten I HAD to buy are (in no particular order):

1. Daughter Of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
2. The Forsaken by Lisa M Stasse
3. Black City by Elizabeth Richards
4. Feed by Mira Grant
5. Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett
6. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
7. Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
8. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
9. This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers
10. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Pretty much all of these ended up on my bookshelf because the bloggers I follow loved them/raved about them/hyped them up. How can I refuse books that my favourite bloggers loved! The exception to that is City of Bones - I've heard mixed reviews, but that was after I bought it. I picked it up because it was on display at Big W and there was some hype surrounding it. 
Bonus: Ones that are in a series I started and HAD to buy the next book but haven't read yet:
1. Spark by Brigid Kemmerer
2. Fire by Kristin Cashore
3. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
4. Prodigy by Marie Lu
5. The Prey by Andrew Fukuda
6. Girl Of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

These were all second in series (except Bitterblue which is the third & last in series) and I loved the first books so much I HAD to have the next ones as soon as they released so I bought them. But haven't gotten to them yet. The exception to this is The Prey. I actually didn't like the first book that much but others have said the second book is much better so I wanted to give it a chance so I caved and bought it at the shops last week. 


That's my Top Ten for the week. I'd love to know what you plan to read so leave me a comment and link to yours. =)


8 comments:

  1. Haha definitely have the same issue! I hope you love Daughter of Smoke and Bone :)
    Here's my TTT post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is lovely even though I know people have their reservations on it. Hoep you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I've been wanting to check out a lot of these. Daughter of Smoke and Bone was great and I'm looking forward to buying the next in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man you need to read Shatter Me!!! Confessions of an angry girl, the forsaken, prodigy, this is not a test, and under the never sky are all pretty awesome too!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I can't even say which one I think you should read first, they are all so good! At least of the ones I've read ;-). I think I'll say Daughter of Smoke and Bone, however, since I'm still floored by how much I and everyone else loved that one! Plus the sequel is out so you don't have to wait :D

    Anya @ On Starships and Dragonwings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain! It's hard when people are hyping up books like crazy and it just feels like you need to read the like NOW. You've got a lot of books here! I will say that Daughter of Smoke and Bone (and especially its sequel) was pretty phenomenal so I highly recommend it. City of Bones was good/okay... but it's one of those series that gets better as it goes (with the exception of the newest books #4 and #5), so I actually would recommend that one just so you can get to the fantastic 3rd book! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of your list is my TBR, haha. I really want to read Daughter of Smoke & Bone though. The mostest, haha. I really loved City of Bones & Under the Never Sky. And I've heard This is Not A Test is just AWESOME!

    Lauren @ Lose Time Reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list!! You must read Shatter Me! So good!! :) I read City of Bones AGES ago but have been meaning to re-read it to refresh my memory before the movie.. I even have all the rest in the series waiting... lol..

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier this week!

    Michele | TTT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...