Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #17 - Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




 Expected publication: August 20th 2013  
 Publisher: Dial

You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.
 Such a beautiful cover, and check out that story to boot! I can't wait to read this one. 

     What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?  



17 comments:

  1. This one does sound pretty sweet. I like the cover too. The font is creepy yet captivating if that makes any sense. Great pick! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks super amazing! Great pick.
    Heres My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of people are talking about this book! Makes me very curious :). Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added this to my list at the end of last year. The cover caught my attention and the summary only piqued my interest more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm absolutely dying to get ahold of this one, too. I love the cover and I love the premise. I'm expecting big things from this book and I hope that it delivers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeep!! Awesome choice. The cover and typography are AWESOME! And of course the plot sounds great too. Give me some DEVIL!! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. ummm, yes please!! Love your taste in books! Fabulous pick!

    My WoW

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Don't think I have heard of this one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I already have the book on my to-read list and I can't wait. I love the cover but I also love the summary and I'm really excited about it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like an exciting new series. I love the cover. I see that you have an upcoming review for Partials. It has been on my TBR for far too long. I am looking forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't that cover just something else?! ♥ And I agree, the premise sounds brilliant! I am definitely waiting on this one right along with you :D Great choice, thanks for sharing!

    Old follower :)
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm practically drooling over this book. Its sounds so mysterious and creepy and the cover is perfect. I can't wait!
    Great pick :D


    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw this one at least 5 times today O__O So excited for this haha.. IT DESERVES ALL THE ATTENTION.. Great choice :)

    -Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not come across this book before. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice pick!! Both the cover and the blurb definitely grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...