Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Top Ten Settings I'd Like To See More Of (Or At All)



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Settings I'd Like To See More Of (Or At All) --- (maybe you want read more books set in space or books set in Alaska or the beach)

Source

1. Alternate dimensions - This is such an interesting concept.


2. Egypt - I've always loved Egypt and it's history.

Source
3. Space and other planets - I love Battlestar Galactica and Stargate, and would love to read more books with this type of space travel and adventures. 

Source
4. Witches versus Demons - along the lines of Charmed. I really enjoy this kind of good versus' evil and the different interactions. Characters like Banshees, leprechauns, ghosts, sirens, etc. Being able to freeze things, blow things up, move objects with the mind, projection, etc. All those elements tied to magical witchy things.  

Source
5. Wormholes/space travel - Kind of the same as the whole Stargate thing. 

6. Dragons - I love Dragons. There will be no such thing as too many dragon books.


7. Future mind-controlling game or game orientated scenarios - like Starters by Lissa Price or the movies Gamer and Death Race. I find the concepts interesting, not the violence. 
Source

8. Road Trips - all sorts of interesting things can happen on road trips and I love travel. 

9. Any type of fantasy land - along the lines of Falling Kingdoms, Throne of Glass, The Hobbit, and The Redemption of Althalus
Source




10. Dystopia/Post-Apocalyptic - I don't think I'll tire of this genre. I love reading the "possible future" of the earth.  



I'm a huge fantasy and sci fi fan so pretty much any book that fits into those genres are ok with me =)

What is your top ten this week? Leave me a comment so I can visit yours. =) 

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree, I love the idea of alternate dimensions! Definitely not enough of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice top ten! We have some similar ones like Dragons :)

    Check out my TTT @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Battlestar & Dragons!! I'm with you! I wouldn't mind a battleship taking me to some dragons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Road trips are also on my list; I'd love to see more books with space, other planets, and dragons (one of my favorite series has all 3: the Pern books by Anne McCaffrey). My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/settings/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED Charmed. And road trips are a must! Great list!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...