Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #15 - Velvet by Em Garner

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




Expected publication: July 23rd 2013  
Publisher: EgmontUSA

After the Contamination—an epidemic caused by the super-trendy diet drink SlimPro that turned ordinary citizens into violent, uncontrollable creatures—the government rounded up the “Connies” to protect the remaining population. Now, two years later, the rehabilitated are being allowed home, complete with shock collars that will either control, or kill, them.



Velvet Ellis has struggled to care for her ten-year-old sister since her parents were taken in the round up. When she finds her mother in one of the “Kennels,” Velvet resolves to do whatever it takes to put her family back together. But the danger isn’t over. It’s beginning all over again…
Gritty and grabbing, Velvet is a harrowing, emotionally charged novel for fans of Carrie Ryan and The Walking Dead.
This sounds awesome and I love the cover. I'm excited for this. =D 

     What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?  



9 comments:

  1. OOh interesting! Haven't heard of this one yet!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the cover is super cool. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole 'infected' thing is kind of popular these days so I like the sound of this but hope it gives is something original!

    Check mine out Here (My WOW)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower! Interesting cover. This one is new to me though.

    Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this is different! An epidemic caused by a slimming drink.. wow. Great pick, I'll definitely pick this one up once it's released.

    Thanks for sharing and thank you for checking out my ”Waiting on” Wednesday.

    Sadie @ Lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, sounds interesting. Haven't heard of this one before. Will definitely check this one out.

    Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of a story like this before! I'll have to look out for it when it releases. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an awesome bookcover! This story sounds really unique from what's been being released lately! Definitely a good one to pick up!
    Great pick, thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...