Friday, 4 January 2013

2013 TBR Pile Challenge

Hosted by Roof Beam Reader


The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
Specifics: (as taken from RoofBeamReader)
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2012 or later (any book published in the year 2011 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
2.  To be eligible, you must sign-up with Mr. Linky here– link to your list (so create it ahead of time!) and add updated links to each book’s review.  Books must be read and must be reviewed (doesn’t have to be too fancy) in order to count as completed.
3.  The link you post in the Mr. Linky must be to your “master list” (see mine below).  This is where you will keep track of your books completed, crossing them out and/or dating them as you go along, and updating the list with the links to each review (so there’s one easy, convenient way to find your list and all your reviews for the challenge).  See THIS LINK for an idea of what I mean.  Your complete and final list must be posted by January 5th, 2013.
4. Leave comments on this post as you go along, to update us on your status. Go back to RoofBeamReader if/when you complete this challenge and leave a comment indicating that you CONQUERED YOUR 2013 TBR LIST!  Every person who successfully reads his/her 12 books and/or alternates (and who provides a working link to their list, which has links to the review locations) will be entered to win a $50 gift card from Amazon.com or The Book Depository!
5. Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable, as long as you have never read the book before and it was published pre-2012!
*Note – You can read the books on your list in any order; they do not need to be read in the order you have them listed. As you complete a book – review it, and go back to your original list and turn that title into a link to the review - that will keep the comments section here from getting ridiculously cluttered.  For an example of what I mean, Click Here.
UPDATE:  I’ve decided to make a small change/addition to this year’s challenge.  On the 15th of each month, I’m going to post a “TBR Pile Check-In.”  This will allow participants to link-up their reviews from the past month and get some recognition for their progress.  There will also be small mini-challenges and giveaways to go along with these posts (Such As: Read 6 books by the June Check-in and be entered to win a book of your choice!).  I’m hoping this will help to keep us all on track and make the challenge a bit more engaging/interactive. If it goes well, maybe I’ll keep this format for future years.

My 2013 TBR Pile Challenge List: 

1. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (2007)
2. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris (2002)
3. The Passage by Justine Cronin (2010)
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver (2011)
5. Touch of Power by Maria V Snyder (2011)
6. Ashfall by Mike Mullin (2011)
7. Ashes by Ilsa J Bick (2011)
8. Blood Red Road by Moira Young (2011)
9. Matched by Ally Condie (2010)
10. Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts (2011)

Alternates: 
1. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (2007)
2. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (1996)


5 comments:

  1. I've just recently read Vampire Academy and it exceeded my expectations :) I've got to read The passage and I loved Blood Red Road. Ashes and Ashfall are great if you like brutal dystopian fic. I enjoyed them, but struggled with their sequels last year...I think I was suffering dystopia overload at the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend today told me I have to read the Vampire Academy series because she loved them.
      I understand the dystopia overload. I felt like that at one point too. =)

      Delete
  2. Ohh so many awesome books!

    Personally I just loved The Vampire Academy series!

    I promise you that the Sookie Stackhouse series gets seriously addicting. I found it hard to read books 1-4 because I had already seen True Blood and there are obviously quite a lot of similarities, but once I hit plot lines I hadn't seen and didn't know the ending of, Oh, my, god. This series is just awesome! I always read a Sookie Stackhouse book when I'm in a reading slump because I just enjoy this series so much. I always have fun reading these books :D So push through the next few books if you find you aren't enjoying them that much! Because I promise they get better and they also get a lot more packed with action and intense moments.

    I recently just finished Delirium o_o It will be interesting to see what you thought of it!

    Ashfull is pretty cool and enjoyable. And I really, really liked Ashes. Ashes was the type of book that stayed with me. I still think about it! I'm dying to read the sequel but I need to get through my reading pile at the moment so it will be a while :(

    So many books that I loved! I hope you enjoy them all, and goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen True Blood. I was actually talking to a friend today that said I need to see it. I might hold off until I've read a few more of the books then. I enjoyed the first one, but then got caught up with all the new books this year and never got back to them.

      I've seen a few mixed reviews of Delirium but decided to give it a go.

      Thanks! I'm hoping I get through them all this year.

      Delete
    2. Ohh! Yeah I think you should read books 1-5 first and then watch True Blood! True Blood is one seriously awesome adapted T.V show. It's my favourite at the moment :D I hope you enjoy the books as much as I have :)

      Delirium was definitely a book I found I grew very attached to the characters.

      Delete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...