Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read In 2013



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read in 2013.
This is a extremely hard list to put together for me. I have 71 physical books that I added to my shelve in 2012 alone, not including the ones I had prior to that, or ebooks on my kindle. I have 280 to-read and 376 maybe read books listed on Goodreads. Then there are 103 books I'm waiting on this year. Narrowing that down to ones I resolve to read in 2013 was seriously difficult. :)

In no particular order (as this was hard enough!):




This one has been recommended to me so often and I got it for Christmas so of course it's going to be on the list.


  





Another gift from Christmas was the box set of A Song of Fire and Ice. I have been wanting to read this series for a long time. I'm hoping to at least get through book 1.



I have most of these on my book shelf. I have read the first one but would like to read a few more in the series this year, at least book 2. 







 Another book I have had on my shelf all of 2012 and haven't gotten around to reading. I have the next 2 in the series here so it would be nice to have the first one read!







 I have the complete Vampire Academy series. I got them at the beginning of 2012 and haven't even read the first one yet!







Yet another one that I picked up at the beginning of 2012 and haven't read yet. 





So many Fantasy fans love this series, so I grabbed this one at a charity book fair in the beginning of 2012. I joined a read along but with Christmas and other reading commitments I haven't had a chance to read up to where I need to be to join in. At this rate I'll have to read it on my own sometime in the year. 







 I have been wanting to read this for a while now and I got it for Christmas so this year seems like a great time to read it. 




 I read the first chapter (or two chapters, I can't remember now) when it was available through the publisher a few months back. I loved the start of it so I ordered it. When it got  here it joined my to read pile. =( 






 I started reading this a few months back, but I had review books I needed to get through so I put it aside. I've love to finish it this year. 

Honourable mentions: 
These didn't make the top ten, but I have them all sitting here (plus more) and I'd really like to get them read. A couple are on today's Top Ten List, and I did read I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella. 




What is your top ten this week? Leave me a comment so I can visit yours. =) 

** All book covers link to their goodreads page if you would like more information on them**






13 comments:

  1. Yes, you MUST MUST MUST read Vampire Academy! I've just begun re-reading the first book now.

    I recently read Pushing the Limits too & really enjoyed it. :)

    + I am a MASSIVE Mortal Instruments fan! So let me know when you read City of Bones. I'd love to know what you think!:)

    Loved your choices. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VAPMPIRE ACADEMY! I totally love that book! Imust have reread that book a hundred times now :))

    I have Delirium on my
    listand Pushing the Limits on my TBR Pile

    Happy new year and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two favorite series are vampire academy and mortal instruments, I also loved Pushing The Limits. The Mara Dyer books were both two of my favorite books last year. Awesome list with some amazing books that I hope you enjoy as much as I did!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Pushing the Limits. Delirium is good as well. I've read City of Bones but haven't gotten around to reading the others. Every single other book on this list is on my TBR list as well. Hope you get to them soon. Happy New Years and happy reading!

    Here are the books I resolve to read

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also really need to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Vampire Academy, Pushing the Limits and Seraphina! And Delirium and City of Bones are SO GOOD! (Well, City of Glass especially!) I hope you love them! :)
    Happy New Year and happy reading!!

    Judith (Paper Riot)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Game of Thrones is on my list too! Pushing the Limits and vampire Academy are fantastic books, so I really hope you get to them this year! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pushing the Limits was one of my favorite books I read in 2012. I hope you enjoy it. Noah and Echo are wonderfully well-developed characters.

    Gotta love City of Bones! Besides the movie is coming out this year.

    I wasn't a huge fan of Mara Dyer, but I hope you enjoy it.

    Good luck on your bookish resolutions.

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pushing the Limits is amazing! It's my #1 of 2012! I also have The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer on my list! It should be awesome!

    Happy 2013!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Sookie Stackhouse books are great. The second one is the book that really got me hooked into the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to read so many of these books too like Pushing the Limits, Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Delirium, and Seraphina. Vampire Academy is amazing though it took me until book 2 to really fall in love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good list, I love A Song of Ice and Fire series and I'm interested in reading Delirium as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You absolutely have to read Pushing the Limits, Delirium, and Vampire Academy! They are all great in different ways. :)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vampire Academy!! YES!! SO GOOD!! LOVE! Love the start of the Sookie Stackhouse series and The Mortal Instruments is really good (The companion series The Infernal Devices is even better!). I'm hoping to read Pushing the Limits and Delirium this year as well! Good luck with dwindling down your TBR pile :)

    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday-i-totally-resolve-these.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...