Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #5



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read

• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

 " 'I like it,' Augie said imperiously.
'Mom's going to kill you,' P.J. said, trying to keep a straight face. 'Mom said coloring your hair is like drinking. Once you start, it's hard to stop.' "
p. 169 One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf



"By the time Rae Ann and I pulled into the parking lot, we were weary, muddy, mystified, battle-tested, and hankering for food. Our last sustenance had been around nine o'clock. Deep fried chocolate cake stuffed with Twinkies and ice cream in Grafton."
"I've chewed this gum so long I'm putting flavor back  into it."
loc 141, 3% Grace Unexpected by Gale Martin

Please leave a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here. Thanks! =)

14 comments:

  1. I like the first one best. I think I can relate to the statement.

    You will find mine here:
    CarolynBrown-Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep friend chocolate cake with twinkie filling? I think my arteries are clogging just thinking about that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coloring hair IS so addicting! And the meal in the second sounds like dessert heaven.

    Preet @ A Written Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED One Breath Away...and now I'm intrigued by Grace Unexpected. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought about that in regards to hair color but I think they have a point and that's a really great teaser. Here's my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I like the first teaser best. But, the second one makes me wonder... how does deep fried chocolate cake with twinkie filling taste like?

    TT @ ai-books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both teasers are great, but I liked the second one best. "Deep fried" tells me this book probably takes place in the South, where I grew up!
    My teaser is from Hot Issues, Cool Choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two good teasers!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. One breath away seems like a quirky read. But, it's true. I dyed my hair red in sixth grade and I love to change it every couple of months now. I'm gone through blue, purple, and a lighter shade of brown. Both of them sound like they would have awesome main characters. Have fun with your reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The teaser from One Breath Away got me laughing my butt off! It is sooo true :)

    Here's mine: http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks good! Great teaser!
    Here's mine:
    http://library1baby.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday-gaming-vote.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...