Friday, 3 August 2012

Friday Book Blogger Hop #4


This hop is hosted by Jen from Crazy for Books, Thanks Jen!

This weeks question:

When a book goes “viral” (Hunger Games, Fifty Shades, Twilight), do you rush out to read it like everyone else, even if it’s not in your typical genre?

No, not generally. The Hunger Games was probably the only exception and it was because I don't like to see a movie until after I have read the book. I really wanted to see the movie so I read the trilogy a couple of weeks before the movie. The Hunger Games is a genre that I read though.  

What about you? Leave me a link to your answer or post it in the comments! I'd love to hear your answer. =) 

12 comments:

  1. I haven't not yet anyway, though I have read Twilight I had no idea it was so popular until after the first two.

    My BBH

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me timing is everything. I always I think I am the only one that does not get in on the hype, but I see that others don't either. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will admit I sometimes give in, but I usually end up liking the books anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about making sure to read a book before a movie.. sometimes I end up waiting for ages to see a movie because I haven't gotten around to the book yet!

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are you liking "One Breath Away"..I like her books. I do tend to give into media hype..so I said yes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best answer to the question is "It depends." Flaky, I know, but it's true. Sometimes I give in to the hype, sometimes I don't.

    Glad to have found your blog via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try not to read a book that is being overly hyped, dont want to be let down.
    My Hop
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't go with the hype. I wanted to try Dystopian so went for Hunger Games but realised it is not the genre for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't say that I follow the hype either, I'm kinda a book snob though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like you, if a book is to be made into a movie I like reading the book first, and than view the movie. As far as reading 'hype' books, I tend to research them first to see what the 'hype' is all about and than make my decision.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I read things that go viral even if they are not my genre. I'm always curious to see why others are talking about it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...