Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Today's topic is - Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book


This is a little hard, as it's normally the cover of a book that grabs my attention and makes me pick up a book first. However, these are topics I love to read about. 


 Dystopian - I love dystopian books. Even though there seems to be a common theme with them I haven't read one that I hate. 

Realistic/True Stories - I love true stories, or stories based around realistic events. 

 Horror - I have always loved horror stories. I like reading things that give me the creeps. 

 Robots/Cyborgs/Reanimation of humans - Anything along those lines and similar sci fi type books I find really interesting.

 Fairytales & Retellings - I have only read a few and those I've read, I've really enjoyed. 

 Contemporary - I have recently taken to contemporary books and have been loving them. 

Virus/Parasite - Human population succumbing to a virus; viruses that change people into killing machines; parasites controlling humans, any and all of that variety. I'm intrigued. 

Paranormal - including, but not limited too vampires, zombies, aliens etc. because they are interesting. 

Humour - Who doesn't like to laugh, and with all the horrible type topics I normally read, this can be a nice change. 

Survival - I like anything where the characters are fighting for survival. 


Most of these overlap each other in books which is fine by me. =) I'm sure I've missed something. 

Edit: I missed a big one that I love - Parallel universes! I remembered when I visited Jamie's post at The Perpetual Page Turner.



That's my Top Ten for the week. I look forward to seeing what all your choices are so don't forget to leave a comment and link to your Top Ten. =)









13 comments:

  1. We have some in common! I love dystopia, fairy-tales and contemporary! I'm not that into horror, they give me nightmares :P

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love humor, but hate horror. Anything scary is a no-no for me.

    Here is my list of Books I Can't Pass Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, a cyborg parasite in a paranormal novel! Sounds good! I like retellings as well, I think. Well, my favourite book is a retelling (Entwined by Heather Dixon). Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dystopian books too. I love fairy tales or retellings too. They're on my list this week. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list, i Love paranormal theme too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dystopian, Paranormal, viruses, cyborgs, awesome picks :D!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your list!I agree with almost all of it.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Books that make me laugh are always my favorite. It's just such a great feeling.!

    Oh yeah, and fairytale retellings are just the best. I've read a ton of them!

    Great list, and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also included dystopian on My Top Ten

    I also love survival books but I didn't think of that before doing my list LOL

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fairy tale retellings are on my list too, but I also love humor and contemporary books! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/04/29/topicsword/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like most of these types of books too especially retellings, humor, and dystopian. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY for fairy tales and retellings! Those are the best... I've read so many now and they're always so much fun. I've only read maybe 2 that I don't like. Also - cyborgs are so cool! I haven't read books about them but I love when they're on TV/in movies. So neat. Great list!

    Mine: http://yearningtoread.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-wordstopics-that.html

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love fairy tale retellings, but otherwise our lists are quite different, though I do like lots of the things you mention! Interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...