Sunday, 28 April 2013

eARC Review: The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) by Julie Kagawa


Title: The Eternity Cure
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Blood Of Eden, Book #2
Publication Date: 30th April 2013
Publisher: Harlequinn Teen Australia

Genre: Young Adult, Vampires, Dystopia
Source: aARC from Publisher via Netgalley


Description

In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one one rule left: Blood Calls to blood.
Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire, Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what she finds there will the change the world forever - and possibly end human and vampire existence.
There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago - deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries. If Allie can get to him in time.



Review
Once again Julie Kagawa delivers another amazing, action packed, fast paced book. 
As in my previous review of The Immortal Rules, Kagawa again writes awesome characters with their own personalities. 
I love Allie, and even more so that she is still trying hard not to be like the other vampires, to not be a monster....... But..... oh, please don't change!! 

We see a return of Zeke (yay!), and Kanin (woohoo!) and even Jackal (yeah I know). Jackal was actually a really enjoyable character to read, including the time I thought "You bastard", to "oh, ok". I didn't expected to like him as much due to the last book but I just loved his sarcastic comments and humour.

I'm starting to think that Kagawa can't write a bad book. The world building in this was fantastic, it can recall it as if I was watching a movie - oooo, this would totally be a fantastic movie! - and her writing is completely enjoyable to read. You just get carried away. 

But that ending...... all those feels..... and how long is it that we have to wait for the next one....... 

At first I was like this.....
source



And then I was like this for at least 10mins after....
source



Seriously if you haven't started this series, if you don't own the books. Run. Run to your nearest book store and buy them. If you own the first one and haven't read it, read it now, stop what you are doing and read it now.... Seriously.  Then you can all love this series with me.  =D




★★★★
It Was Amazing



Book Trailer




Buy Links
The Immortal Rules

The Eternity Cure


Author Links

2 comments:

  1. I second this! More people really need to read these books. They keep you on the edge of your seat. I really enjoyed THE ETERNITY CURE, and am surprised that Jackal became one of my favourite characters.

    Anyway, are you scared but at the same time impatient for the next book? Because I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek I just started this and I'm already half way through because I just can't put the damn book down! I'm loving it so far. Once I finish I really don't know how I will be able to wait for book 3 o_o

    Miss J @ Miss Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...