Saturday, 27 April 2013

Stacking The Shelves #39 & PTA Live Event Summary



Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Thanks to the host Tynga's Reviews.

Penguin Teen Australia
Live Event

On Monday I had the absolute pleasure of going to PTA's live event held at Black Cat Books in Paddington. 
Felicity was awesome and I enjoyed listening to such a passionate person speak about books, especially when she said its ok to be 30 something and still love YA. ;)

I learnt about so many great book things, such as On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta is being made into a movie, as well as some Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4 by Richelle Mead) quotes. I have added so many new books to my TBR and have even order some due to the praise given at the event. I realised I really need to read my Vampire Academy books and my recently acquired The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. The Lizzie Bennet diaries were brought up and I have to admit that the only time I read Pride & Prejudice was in high school and I hated it so I have stayed away from anything Pride & Prejudice related. I have now however watched all 100 episodes of The Lizzie Bennet diaries (and the others) and would like to now re-read Pride & Prejudice to see if it was just a high school thing as it was required reading.

We got to see a sneak peek at the new Penguin Teen Aus. website and Delirious About Books even got a mention on the bloggers slide (Thank you Felicity!). Other bloggers at the event include:

Lastly but not least we received awesome swag - a copy of The 5th Wave (which I started yesterday!) and some Vampire Academy pins. 


Thanks so much to Penguin Teen and Felicity for the event. It was fantastic to have something book related up here to go too and to meet other bloggers in the area. Also Thank you to everyone for welcoming my 4yr old Alex to the event. He had a great time handing out the prizes and for being in the lime light and talking on the microphone! Even after the speak fell on his head. (He was ok, I promise!). 


Ok, now for books I have bought (even though I said I'm trying not to buy books!)
Purchased



Looking for Alaska by John Green
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa (LOVED IT. Review will be posted soon)



Nameless by Lili St. Crow



That's it for me. I look forward to seeing what you got this week. Happy reading!



20 comments:

  1. The PTA Live Event looks fabulous. Looking for Alaska is a good read! I love the look of Nameless. Hope that you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to go to PTA and probably could have if I had my Ps. But alas I don't and I was at uni when it was on (I live on campus during the week) :( Hopefully next time I can get there!!

    Anyway, The Eternity Cure is FANTASTIC (if you haven't read it already) and so is Nameless. And The 5th Wave. I somehow managed to get ARCs of all of them... Looking for Alaska is on my To Read bookshelf but I haven't had a chance to get around to it yet.

    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The event sounds fantastic! Sometimes I feel sad about living in a small country in Europe and being a college student without enough money to fly myself to BEA or events like that.

    I have yet to read a John Green book even though TFiOS is sitting on my shelf as we speak. I have The Immortal Rules right next to it lol. I hope I get to them soon and I really hope you enjoy your books. Have a great weekend, Sabina!

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really want to read 5th Wave - it sounds epic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :OOO I so want those Vampire Academy pins!! So jealous :( But anyway, happy reading, and have a great weekend! :D
    Stacking the Shelves
    New Meme for Cover Lovers

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE John Green! TFiOS is just amazing! Hope you enjoy all of your books this week!

    My Stacking The Shelves

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh awesome! That sounded like a lot of fun!! Great haul too! I <3 The Eternity Cure, still need to order my copy so I can get a keeper one!

    I keep debating over Nameless so I will look forward to your review on that one to see if helps me decide if I need to read it or not!

    Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PTA was fun - I love how passionate Felicity is over YA books. Thanks for the mention of my blog too!

    I bought a copy of Looking For Alaska today! I have high hopes (after loving The Fault in Our Stars).

    Nameless is such a different take on Snow White - I though it was so clever.
    Hope you have a great week reading some fantastic books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Eternity Cure was awesome. I loved it. Hope you will as well. The Fifth Wave looks amazing. Awesome haul of books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it! great haul! I so want to read the Eternity Cure! Check out our Stacking the Shelves ~Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I picked up Nameless this week, too. I don't really know anything about it, but I am very intrigued and can't wait to give it a try.

    I never had to read P&P for school, but I did read it on my own. It's my favorite book. I'm glad you love LBD and I hope you enjoy P&P now that you can read it as a choice. I love Jane Austen's humor, and of course, Mr. Darcy is totally swoonworthy!

    Enjoy your goodies and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read The Eternity Cure, it sounds great! I also liked The Fifth Wave. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover of Nameless! It fits Snow White so much.
    I'm starting The 5th Wave today and I can't wait to see what the hype is about!
    Cute VA pins by the way & enjoy all your books! (:

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Looking for Alaska!! And can I say that I love that cover to The Eternity Cure much better than the US cover. UGH. I think I'm going to jump the gun and get that cover. I'm started it today and so far it's amazing! Nameless looks really good! Hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh so lucky you got to go! Nothing exciting ever comes around where I live. Awesome haul and the 5th wave looks awesome!!

    -Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a fab event; hope you enjoy all your books. I'm looking forward to reading The Eternity Cure soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I love author events. And you got some amazing books. I just ordered a copy of The 5th Wave and just finished reading an ARC of The Eternity Cure. Come and see what I got this week at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have got to get to reading my Eternity Cure! I love the first book! I just saw Nameless @B&N the other day and it is SO GORGEOUS WOW! I need to read some reviews and see what ppl think of it! Happy reading.
    Our Week in Books @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for your event! I wish we had something like that where I live. Gabby totally loved The 5th Wave! Can't wait to hear what you think! I am totally dying over your VA pins. I adore that series to pieces! Enjoy all that you got this week! Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    Our STS this week!
    MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  20. AHHHH! The Fifth Wave...so jealous! I hope you like it! :)

    http://myfullbookshelfreviews.blogspot.com/2013/04/stacking-shelves-2_28.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...