Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like MORE/LESS Than I Did




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Today's topic is - Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like MORE/LESS Than I Did


Books I thought I would like more than I did






I thought I'd love this given the premise but I couldn't get past the first couple of chapters. 



When I saw this at the shops it sounded so different and  I thought it would be action packed. While it was different, it was a little too different to be believable. It only got 2 stars from me. 


This was more the case of "I hope this is better than what I've heard", it wasn't. I didn't like it at all. 

Perks and Warm Bodies are both still currently being read by me, and while I don't hate them, I actually like them, just not as much as I thought I would. I'm a little disappointed. 





Books I liked more than I thought I would




I wanted to love this, but I'd read a few reviews that weren't wrapped in it, and when I got a review copy it came with a note that everyone at the publishers loved it, I was then wary. I thought it was going to be another hyped book that just wouldn't do it for me...... I was so wrong. I loved this one. 

I didn't read this one when it came out, I only read it at the end of last year. So many people loved it and I was worried it would suffer the hype problem too. I ended up borrowing it from the library and  loved it. I've since bought my own copy of Legend and its sequel Prodigy. 

I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, but I signed up for the blog tour. I couldn't put this down. I loved it. I can't wait for the sequel. This was top of my 2012 favourites list.


When  Entangled Teen posted on their Facebook page  that they were posting this on Netgalley for some reviews, I read the premise and thought it sounded interesting. I am so glad I requested it, it was fantastic. Another favourite read from 2012.  

I read some of Cameron Jace's Grimm Diaries and didn't mind his style of writing so I signed up for the I Am Alive blog tour. This book definitely surprised me, and earned 4 stars from me. 









That's my Top Ten for the week. I look forward to reading your list so don't forget to leave a comment and link to your Top Ten. =)


 

8 comments:

  1. Ahh! The cover of The Uninvited is so creepy!

    New follower here

    CeCe @ Steaming Mug of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flawed looks amazing :D
    New follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I really want to read Perks of Being a Wallflower as well. And Beautiful Disaster.
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Reboot. I have this on my Kindle, but haven't gotten to it yet. I never even bothered with Beautiful Disaster after reading so many dismal reviews.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd really like to read Flawed, but it's no at the library. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Legend but I agree it's been hyped up so much that I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. Gonna check it out from the library I think..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really didn't like The Perks of Being a Wallflower... I actually DNF-ed it.. couldn't get through with it.

    great list,
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting list - I haven't heard of most of these... ::shakes fist:: now my TBR pile is going to grow again! Drat!

    I'm like you in that I am often wary of books with lots of hype and I tend to avoid them...but I'm often pleasantly surprised and then kick myself for waiting so long to have read the book :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...