Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #29 - Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.







 Expected publication: September 10, 2013  
 Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books


Regret was for people with nothing to defend, people who had no water. 

Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most importantly, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirsty, or doesn't leave at all.

Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival, and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.

But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. The mysterious footprints by the pond, nighttime threats, and gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won’t stop until they get it….

With evocative, spare language and incredible drama, danger, and romance, debut author Mindy McGinnis depicts one girl’s journey in a barren world not so different than our own.
   
I've said this before - I love dystopian stories, so of course this appeals to me. I've seen it around for a while now and it sounds fascinating  I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this one. 


  What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?  



10 comments:

  1. I'm so crazy excited for this one too! I've been hearing great things about it already too! Great pick. :)
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting. We're so lucky to have a fairly abundant supply of water, we don't realise how important it is to our survival. I'm really intrigued by this concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great pick! I am really eager to read this as well.

    My WoW - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/obsession-with-books-has-new-look.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Been seeing this one a lot lately!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh wow this is really something new to me but I'm not really sure if it has the same story line as The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher? but I'm totally sold, love the synopsis! Awesome pick!


    Check out my Wating on Wednesday pick!

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is new to me-- sounds really good! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still not sure if I would try this one (kind of sick of dystopian), but I'll add it to my Goodreads TBR list anyways because by the time I get to it I'll probably really enjoy it. Great pick! The cover is so sick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick :) I love the cover, it looks intriguing.
    Here's My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah!! I'm definitely looking forward to this one too. I love me a dystopian story and this one sounds INTENSE! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic pick for this week! :)

    New follower via bloglovin! Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...