Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #1 / WWW Wednesday #11

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




The Archived
By Victoria Schwab

Expected publication: January 22nd 2013 by Hyperion


Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.

Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous-it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption. - Goodreads

I read the 100 page sneak peek for this, and I can't wait to read the whole book. I'm really intrigued as to what happens. 


What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?





WWW Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be ReadingTo play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


What are you currently reading?

I'm nearly 77% through The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken which I'm enjoying immensely. This is different to other dystopians I've read lately which makes for a refreshing change. 
I'm also reading Seraphina by Rachel Hartman, but I've only really started it because I got sidetracked with The Darkest Minds. Oops. 

What did you recently finish reading?

That would be last weeks books Crewel and Grace Unexpected. I have reviews for both already up. If you are interested Crewel is here, and Grace Unexpected is here


What do you think you’ll read next?

I just got this through HarperCollins Australia via netgalley so I will be reading What's Left of Me as well as finishing Seraphina. 






Please leave a comment with your WWW Wednesday. I'd love to hear from you! =)
***If you want to learn more about the books, please just click on the covers. It will take you to Goodreads. =) 


17 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Victoria after reading The Near Witch! I'm looking forward on reading The Archived ;) The Darkest Mind sounds really good! awesome pick!

    My WoW pick

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool cover on "What's left of me" really makes me grab for it.

    Old follower. ;) Here is what I'm reading this week! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week I finished reading the Near Witch and I really enjoyed it. It was creepy and I loved the whole tone of the book. I'm curious about her new book! It just sounds like another fabulous read. ;)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the preview of The Archive too! I loved it! I can't wait for the release. It's a unique story and I can't wait to finish it. I CAN'T WAAAAIIIIT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen Archived around the blogsphere. I like the sound of it.

    My WoW

    Becky @ A Reader’s Devotion

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Archived looks awesome! I saw the sneak peak they had on NG, but didn't request it because I KNOW I wouldn't be able to abide not reading it all the way through!. Also, I 'd had NO IDEA that What's Left of Me is available on NG, thanks for that! Seraphina is one of my favourite books of the year, I hope you love it.

    Thanks for stopping by :D

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that on NG there's a sneak peek of The Archived over at Net Galley. Great choices. Come visit me and check out my WOW as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to find and read 'What's Left of Me'! :D Also, Darkest Mind sounds great, I'll have to look it up!
    -Novel Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard good things about Darkest Minds and can't wait to start it!

    My WWW Wednesday can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have The Archived on my to-read list as well and I can't wait to read it when it comes out. Great pick. I hope you enjoy it!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am dying to read this one! It looks fantastic! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't let myself read the preview of Archived, because I thought it would just make me want it even more! I'm so excited about that one! Great pick this week! And I just finished What's Left of Me last night and thought it was great, so I hope you like it too!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books <--My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, nice choices. Hope you enjoy them :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/www-wednesdays_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of these books look amazing and I can't wait to read them :) The Archived looks like a really unique book!

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one sounds really good! A little creepy with all the dead bodies being stored and all but still good!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...