Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Teaser Tuesday #10

Firstly, I'd like to apologise if I don't get to comment back straight away. I'm still catching up on my STS comments, and there will probably be delays in my comments for a little while longer. I have a lot of assessments due over the coming weeks for uni and that, of course, has to come first. 

Secondly, I want to give a huge THANK YOU to all my lovely followers! I can't believe over 150 people follow me. When I started I didn't think I'd even get 50! You guys are awesome! And to say thank you to you all I want to do a giveaway. I'm not 100% sure when I'll get time to organise it but I promise I'll do one soon. I appreciate every one of you and it's the least I can do for you! 





Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
 Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!   



" "It has a discriminating ear," observed Orma, a tall, angular acquaintance of my father's who came over often in those days. Orma called me "it" as if I were a dog; I was drawn to his aloofness, the way cats gravitate toward people who'd rather avoid them." 
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman, p. 1




I've only just started this and it was chosen thanks to the requests for me to read this on a previous post =) 


4 comments:

  1. Like your teaser--interesting description.

    Here's ours, one fantasy, one non-fiction: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/09/tuesday-teasers-one-fiction-one-non.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird, I can't imagine a person referring to another person as an "it." That shows some true self involvement.Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great observation by the author! Cats really do seem to gravitate to people who'd rather they didn't.
    My Teaser is from A COLLIE RESCUE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already read this! I think I saw a signed copy at my book store or something. Didn't really like it that much though.

    ~Ariella @ A Sprinkle of Books

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...