Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Teaser Tuesday #11


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
 Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 




"A month later, after the first big waves of deaths, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a five-step list of symptoms to help parents identify whether their kid was at risk for IAAN. By then half my class was dead." 1%
And because I'm loving this so much, here is a second one:


"I heard a scream, and didn't realize it had belonged to me until that same black monster's head swivelled toward us. Liam  jumped at the ten gun barrels that swung our way. The first bullet was close enough to nick his ear as it whistled by. There wasn't even time to turn and run." - 66%
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Expected publication: December 18th 2012 by Disney Hyperion
Quotes taken from an eARC and are subject to change during printing.


Please leave a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here. Thanks! =)

16 comments:

  1. Depressing and scary! My teaser is from a mystery this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the sound of this one! I especially loved the second teaser! I love monsters! lol. The first teaser is very intriguing too. I want to know more about this IAAN! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's My Teasers

    ReplyDelete
  3. A month is a bit late, I think this Center needs a Rapid Response Team! Thanks for sharing :) I'm an old follower!
    My Teaser
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh creepy! This sounds like a really interesting read and I'd love to know what IAAN is.

    My teaser is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers! This sounds like a perfect book for me. Adding it to my list today! Thanks so much for stopping by my Teaser. Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Sounds intense! =) Great teasers.

    Here's ours: http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=10041

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, your teasers are intense this week! Sounds like an exciting read, thanks for stopping by my Teaser this week, Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds creepy... therefore added this to my list! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my TT for The Magicians.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome teasers~ these got me really excited. Adding to my TBR right away!

    ~Ali
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very intense teasers.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/teaser-tuesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does this disease only kill kids? And what is IAAN anyhow? Good teasers.
    My teaser is from HOLLYWOOD BEGINNINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes! Half a class dead within a month. That is horrible, and yet I can not help but think......

    http://readingcave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to read this one sooo badly! It sounds dark and intense :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen this book around, sounds really interesting. Will have to see if my library has it.

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Darkest Mind is expected to be published on December 18th 2012 by Disney Hyperion.
      Thanks for stopping by. =)

      Delete
  15. Haven't heard of this one yet, but I'm glad you featured it! It sounds so cool! A pandemic is a really neat idea for dystopian. Following. (:

    CJ

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...