Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I Haven't Finished


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


I decided to do something different this week, plus I love questions and lists so this seemed like a great change for the blog this week!


This week's topic discusses series that you have not finished for one reason or another.



1. The Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella
I love this series and only have, I think, 2 left to read, but I keep getting caught up in other books. 

2. Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris
I read the first book and picked up most of the series but still haven't read them. 

3. Kay Scarpetta Series by Patricia Cornwell
I read up to number 15 (I think) and lost interest in the series. Too much changed to the characters roles and I found it made it boring. 

4. Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series by Laurell K Hamilton
I read the first book and was so bored half way through it I just wanted it to end so I started skim reading the last half - and I don't skim read books. This is one series that I'll be leaving alone now. I have no interest in reading any more. 

5. Mercy Series by Rebecca Lim
I've read the first two books in the series and I have the last one, I just need to get the third one from the library. I just haven't had the time to finish this series although I will. 

6. The Elementals Series by Brigid Kemmerer
I read and loved the first book, Storm, and I have recently purchased the second one in the series, Spark. Another that I haven't had a chance to read, but will do soon. 

7. Fallen by Lauren Kate
I didn't mind the first book, but I picked up the second book cheap and have had it sitting here for some time now. Another that I just haven't had to time to get too.

8. Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore
I read and loved the first book, Graceling and I recently got Fire and Bitterblue so it is also on my need to read soon list. 

9. Anna Series by Kendare Blake
I have a fairly good reason for not reading the next book in the series yet - it only got released in August and I don't have a copy yet. 

10. Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice
I think I got half way through the fourth book many years ago, put it aside and never got back to it. I'm sure I will finish them eventually (I mean I own them so I may as well) but I'm not a in rush.  


Now that's the Top Ten series I've started - I have some series books here that I either own the first, first and second, or whole series and still haven't read them! For example: 
1. Vampire Academy - own all, haven't read one yet. 
2. The Mortal Instruments - own the first three, haven't read one.
Recently I got the first book in:
- The Iron Fey series
- Eon series
- Under the never sky series
- Paranomalcy series
- The Chemical Garden series
and there's more but I thankfully can't remind myself remember them off the top of my head. 

So, am I the only one that keeps buying books with the best intentions? Which book series have you not finished yet? Do you love or dislike any of the ones I mentioned? I'd love to know!

4 comments:

  1. The fist book was my favorite in the Graceling series, and I really liked the 2nd one too - didn't love the 3rd.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh you should totally read Fire soon--it's my favorite graceling realm book. And you REALLY need to read The Chemical Garden, Mortal Instruments, Vampire Academy, and Iron fey!! They're all super good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fallen is also on my list. I'm stuck in Passion and I'm not sure if I will read it ever :p

    The iron fey <3

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just reading Anna Dressed in Blood and I ordered Girl of Nightmares straight away. That's one series I'm desperate to complete straight away! =D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...