Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Teaser Tuesday #3



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"She wanted  to leap from her horse and run to them, or to simply scream that she wasn't a part of this prince's court, that she has no hand in bringing them here, chained and starved and beaten, that she had worked and bled with them, with their families and friends - she was not like these monsters that destroyed everything. That she had done something, nearly two years ago, when she had freed almost two hundred slaves from the Pirate Lord. Even that, though, wasn't enough." Throne of Glass by Sarah J Mass - Location 475 10% Kindle Edition

"She tried to keep the misery at bay, thinking of the bamboo valley, the warm stretches of green grass and crystal-clear water, shimmering  with heat. But thoughts of the valley brought her back to her father, the bitter words they had shared before the Thunder Child fell from the skies. 
The slap on her cheek.
The hiss through gritted teeth."  Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff, p118.



"I was feeling better, much better. I shouldn't have been recovering this quickly. I had been hurt before, badly. It didn't just fade, not like this." Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton, p56.





Please leave a comment with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here. Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, 3 teasers all at once, that was overwhelming!! I've always wanted to get Throne of Glass, and your teaser made me all the more eager!! Where is she? What monsters? This is so interesting :D

    I'm now a proud new follower of your blog, do drop by mine @ bookaworld.wordpress.com too!

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Three awesome teasers and all with great covers.

    Here are mine: http://vonniesreadingcorner.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesdays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH the last one makes me wonder too why she healed so quickly?

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great teasers. Throne of Glass is on my TBR and I can't wait to read it. I read Stormdancer last week and I didn't like it as much as others seemed to.

    Here is my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quote for Throne of Glass, how are you liking it so far?
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to read Throne of Glass, three good teasers.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of them! The third is one I've never seen before, so thanks. My teaser is HERE. This week is Railsea - so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers! I'll def be adding Throne of Glass to my TBR pile. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...