Monday, 16 July 2012

Review: Insurgent (Divergent #2)


Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: May 1st, 2012
Genre: Young Adult - Post Apocalyptic, Action/Adventure

★★★

Read from July 04 to 11, 2012

First of all, let me say that this was a great sequel. It was interesting and you were able to get to know the characters better. 

I was really keen to read Insurgent. I started as soon as I finished Divergent, I just had to know what happens to Tris. 

Now bare in mind, if you haven't read it, this does have some spoilery elements as it's hard to say what I don't like without mentioning parts of it. So consider this your spoiler alert :)


While I enjoyed Insurgent, there were a few things I didn't like.
Tris was not my favourite character in Insurgent. The strong, awesome character she was in Divergent just wasn't here this time. I understood what she went through, and how that would affect her, yet it was tiring hearing the useless, giving up actions and how it influenced every action she did. No matter what, I expected better of her then the rash, careless decisions she did this time round. 

There was also the irrational decision to help Marcus. He didn't trust her enough to share details, she hates him for what he did to Four, yet she helps him. 

Now we learn about the Outside world, and the factions and waiting for the divergents to emerge. To save humanity. :/ I'm not sure how that's going to work and will have to wait for the next in the series to find it out I guess. 

Romance wasn't a priority in Divergent but there was a heavier focus in Insurgent.  

Insurgent didn't grab me as much as Divergent but I didn't hate it. It is still a great read and I'm looking forward to the third instalment in the series to see where this goes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...