Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #35 - Once We Were by Kat Zhang


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Title: Once We Were
Author: Kat Zhang
Expected Publication: September 17, 2013
Publisher: Harper Collins
Series: The Hybrid Chronicles, #2
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopian



Eva was never supposed to have survived this long. As the recessive soul, she should have faded away years ago. Instead, she lingers in the body she shares with her sister soul, Addie. When the government discovered the truth, they tried to “cure” the girls, but Eva and Addie escaped before the doctors could strip Eva’s soul away.

Now fugitives, Eva and Addie find shelter with a group of hybrids who run an underground resistance. Surrounded by others like them, the girls learn how to temporarily disappear to give each soul some much-needed privacy. Eva is thrilled at the chance to be alone with Ryan, the boy she’s falling for, but troubled by the growing chasm between her and Addie. Despite clashes over their shared body, both girls are eager to join the rebellion.

Yet as they are drawn deeper into the escalating violence, they start to wonder: How far are they willing to go to fight for hybrid freedom? Faced with uncertainty and incredible danger, their answers may tear them apart forever.



Although I didn't completely love What's Left of Me, I'm looking forward to reading this and seeing where the story goes. 


What's your Waiting on Wednesday pick this week?






6 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Cover is very eyecatching!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an ARC of this on Edelweiss and I also have the first book in the series, but I still need to read it! Hope I'll get to both books this summer :) And I hope you enjoy this!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the first book yet but I love the way these sound!

    http://www.readerswonderland.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jessica, Nice Pick! I loved "What's Left of Me" and I'm really curious to see which way the sequel will go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read the first book in the series. It sounds so awesome :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, great pick! I absolutely loved What's Left Of Me and I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...