Saturday, 11 May 2013

Stacking The Shelves #41



Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
Thanks to the host Tynga's Reviews.

Purchased


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella - Her latest release. I love her books so much. There was no question I was buying this as soon as it released!


I only got 2 this week, and sorry for the poor photo. It's raining here and a bit dark inside. I didn't notice as I uploaded the photo. 

I was meant to have Anna and the French Kiss in last weeks haul, but the postman decided to be a (insert any offensive descriptive word you like) and despite my son waiting at the letterbox last Thursday, he drove by, and then put a card in my mailbox the following Monday (a whole 2 days later - no mail over weekends) to go collect my "parcel" from the post office. The last time he delivered a book here he bent it to get it in the mail box and I confronted him - they are labelled from the book depository so it's obviously a book. Clearly he has a bee in his bonnet now and decided to be nasty doing what he did. Oh well, I'll just have to get things delivered to my mums house from now on. 

And while I have your attention, I'd like to apologise for not being around much the past couple of weeks. I was sick for 2 weeks, mid to late April, then I spent a week where I was at the doctors nearly every day and then my son was sick. Those 3 and a half weeks put me behind in my university work and even though I was granted extensions for my 2 major assessments (one due tomorrow, and one on Tuesday) I've spent the last week desperately trying to catch up and get my assessments done. Unfortunately that meant that I couldn't do much or participate much with the blog, let alone do much (any!) reading. After I get these 2 assessments done and submitted, I still have some general course work to catch up on and I only have 4 weeks until I have exams. So although I'll be able to do a little more on the blog over the coming weeks, I still wont be as active until after my exams. On the plus side though is that by the time that happens it will be time for my blogovesary! 
Thank you to everyone that still visits, and I promise to be back soon, and with a ton of reviews. =)



That's it for me this week. I look forward to seeing what you got this week, so don't forget to leave me a link so I can visit. =)


22 comments:

  1. I've heard so much of Anna and the french kiss, but I've yet to decide whether or not I want to read it. Great haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Anna and The French Kiss! I'm reading that now, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna and the French Kiss is awesome! And I really want to read something by Sophie Kinsella, so I hope that works out well for you :)

    Christie @ The Shadower's Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard loads about Anna and The French Kiss, it seems I should try and get my hands on a copy soon. I love Sophie Kinsella too, so I must get that book soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I heard great things about these books, mainly the first one. Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've recently read Anna and the French Kiss and totally fell in love this it! Hope you enjoy your books!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna is really cute. But I don't want to hype it up too much because I'm sure you've heard a TON about it already. It's not the best romance story I've ever read but its definitely sweet and entertaining! I hope you like it!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert
    my StS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Hope you enjoy those! Know lots of people like Anna. I don't read contemps so I wouldn't know. Still, Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! Anna and the French Kiss. I've heard pretty great things about it but haven't read it yet.

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your assessments/exams. It sucks when getting sick pushes you behind and then you have to struggle to catch up. You'll do great, I'm sure! I enjoyed Wedding Night and Anna and the French Kiss is one of my all-time favorites. Happy reading!
    Natflix&Books' StS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul of books. I hope you love all your new books. They look fabulous.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover for wedding night! It is Gorgeous! You got what looks like 2 really good books! enjoy them! New follower here :) Would love a follow back!

    Amber

    http://paradiseofpages.blogspot.com/2013/05/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE Anna and the French Kiss and I can't wait to get the chance to read Wedding Night! I love Sophie Kinsella's books! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anna & the French Kiss is a favorite of mine, which is saying something because I'm not a big fan of contemporaries. It's okay that you haven't been around much-I kind of haven't either. It's understandable. :) I hope you enjoy everything!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anna is such a fun read. enjoy. Hope life gets back to normal soon. MY STS: http://gwynnethwhite.blogspot.com/
    cheers
    Gwynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you got Anna and the French Kiss. Sometimes the mail carrier drivers me crazy, too. But at least you book is not bent.

    Enjoy your goodies and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Still need to read Anna and the French Kiss! It sounds like it'll be cute. Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    Our STS
    MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard that Anna and the French Kiss is great and wonderful! Hope you like it :D. OMG if I had a person like that for a postman I would be so paranoid for my poor books that come into the mail.
    Old follower
    my STS
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/05/stacking-shelves-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read either yet but I think I will have to because so many bloggers like them both. :)

    Happy reading!
    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't read much YA contemporary but I really, really enjoyed Anna and the French Kiss. I hope you like it too. Please come see what I got at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...