Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Top Ten “Older” Books I Don’t Want People to Forget About


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten "Older" Books You Don't Want People To Forget About (you can define older however you wish. Basically just backlisted books you think are great. Basically the point is to share books that could be forgotten about in the midst of all the new releases)

    1. To Kill A Mockingbird. This is probably the only book I have read twice. Once for school and again when I bought the book years after finishing school. 

    2. The Hobbit. I loved The Hobbit - more than the Lord of the Rings books. It's such a fantastic fantasy story and with all the new ones coming out I'd hate to see this one fall away. 

    3. Harry Potter Series. I know that there are a lot of series out there that are up and coming, but this is one of the greats that shouldn't be forgotten. It had everyone reading from all ages. 

    4. The Baby Sitters Club. This was all I read when I was younger, I still have the whole collection. If I ever have a daughter I hope she will love them as much as I did. I think all younger girls should read it! lol. 

    5. The Vampire Chronicles. Anne Rice, the mother of vampires. With all the vampire novels out there, I still think these are worth reading. 

    6. Of Mice and Men. Another one I read in school that is fantastic. 

    7. Othello. Another from school and the only Shakespeare I fell in love with then out of the ones we had read. 

    8. Dracula. I loved this. I read this in no time.

    9. The Neverending Story. I adore this book and the movie. I loved it as a kid and it is still one of my top favourites.

    10. The Undomestic Goddess. I love Sophie Kinsella's novels. This is one of my favourites by her. I don't want people to only associate her with the Shopaholic series. 


    5 comments:

    1. I have yet to read a Sophie Kinsella novel! Maybe I'll have to start with that one. How is Twenties Girl? That's another title I always hear about!

      My Top Ten

      ReplyDelete
    2. The Babysitter's Club made my list, too! I like Sophie Kinsella's standalones, too, but I couldn't finish Twenties Girl. I've been buying her Madeleine Wickham books but haven't read them yet.

      ReplyDelete
    3. The Neverending Story made my list as well. I'm shocked by how many people don't realize that it's a book. Also, great choice on The Babysitter's Club. I'm kind of wishing I'd put that on my list, too.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Harry Potter <3 What's not to love :D

      I really need to read Dracula.

      My TTT @thedailyprophecy

      ReplyDelete
    5. I loved To Kill A Mockingbird. I really need to read the Harry Potter series.

      Nancy @ The Avid Reader
      New Follower

      My Top Ten

      ReplyDelete

    I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...