Friday, 19 October 2012

Feature and Follow #11



Feature and Follow Friday is host by Parajunkee and Allison Can Read and give bloggers a topic to discuss each week while discovering new blogs. 

Q: When you step out of your USUAL genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre?


This is hard as I don't have a usual genre, or more so I read a board range. I mainly read sci/fi & fantasy based novels (and any of their spin offs like dystopian  paranormal, etc) either in YA or adult forms, but I enjoy chick lit, horror, crime, true stories, and contemporary too. I don't step out of these as I generally don't like the book if I do. I'm not a fan of erotica/romance or religious books, everything else is fair game to me. 

I read a military book once when it wasn't something I had read before (about 4 years ago). For 6 months I moved over to where my then boyfriend (now husband) was working and I didn't have my books with me so I read one of his. It was fantastic - Fighting Scared by Robin Horsfall **I just want to clarify that this is non-fiction.


How about you? Leave me your link in the comments so I can see your answer. =)


Psst, don't forget I have a giveaway going on where you can win a 2012 released YA novel. See here for details. =)

14 comments:

  1. Hey, I really like your answer! It's really nice that you read military books when not reading your usual preferences.

    New follower here!

    It would be great if you could stop by my Feature & Follow Friday post.

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting pick- it's great when you are pleasantly surprised by a book!
    I'm a new follower through GFC! Check out FF post here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read anything when I have nothing around, so I've read westerns and military books when I was desperate...and enjoyed them! It's always a pleasant surprise, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I've never read military fiction but I could see myself liking it. I'll have to look out for it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh.. I've seen some other people pick military fiction.. I'm not so keen on picking up one of these myself though.. I'm just hopping through

    *Old Follower*

    ~Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Military is an interesting choice! Here's mine: http://roundedpages.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/feature-and-follow-friday/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is something I would never pick up on my own. I wouldn't have even thought about it. For some reason I stay clear of books with covers like that, where it's just giant font.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I to have found a new genre I liked after reading it when I had nothing else to read.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. Great choice for stepping out of your favorite genre!

    http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Following back via Linky! Have a great weekend.

    Tamara @ Shelf Addiction
    shelfaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I love it when a book just completely surprises you like that!
    Thanks for stopping by my FF'S for this week
    Book Me! and Carmen Jenner.com
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting pick! I haven't read many military books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for becoming a follower of my site! I'm now following you back via GFC and wish you a happy reading week!

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog this past Friday!
    I hope you'll continue to visit my site throughout the week (for Tuney Tuesdays and What's the Word? Weekends too)!!! :D

    Great answer to this past FF's question!!! I'm totally a new follower of yours!!! :D

    J.B. jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...