Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

In no particular order:


1. Katsa (Graceling Realm) - Born with the Grace of Killing, she is smart, strong and beautiful. She walks away from being used as a thug for her uncle and instead tries to save the seven kingdoms. 



2.  Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)- I didn't always agree with her actions but lets face it, she's deadly with a bow and arrow, she volunteered, and started the rebellion. 



3. Cinder (Lunar Chronicles)- She's a cyborg. She is mechanically minded, smart and strong. She's completely awesome. =)



4. Tris (Divergent)- She's strong minded, chose the most difficult faction, faced her fears, and stood up for what she thought was right. 


5. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)-  A smart witch, who isn't afraid to stand up and fight. 





6. Scout (To Kill A Mockingbird) -  A brave, mischievous 6 year old who is open minded, and accepting - more then the adults. 


7. Anna (Anna) - She killed anyone and everyone that set foot in her house, but once you know why, I think you would too if you were her. ;)


8. June (Legend) - A prodigy raised to work for the highest military circle who turns her back on them and the life she has always known.



9. Allie (Blood of Eden) - She has to become what she despises and tries to hang on to her humanity, despite how hard it might be. 

10. Celaena (Throne of Glass) - The deadly assassin, with a love of books. How is that not awesome. ;) 








What is your top ten this week? Leave me a comment so I can visit yours. =)

** All book covers link to their goodreads page if you would like more information on them**


And don't forget I have a giveaway happening right now. Only 1 day to go! Click here.

12 comments:

  1. Nice list! Definitely agree with Hermione, Tris, Celaena, Katniss and Cinder. The last one I read last week and I haven't put her on my list afterwards, although she should be!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, great picks! The only ones I haven't encountered yet are Scott and Anna. Scott because I'm not very interested in classics even though I want to be and Anna because I am a big scaredy cat. However, I may be in the minority here but I don't like June as a heroine at all. But again, that's just me.

    Thanks for sharing, Sabina :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Cinder right now! She's on everyones list. Cinder must be amazing. :)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cinder, Tris, Hermione & Celaena, we have quite some names in common! They are all great picks :)

    TTT @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeppp!!! My fav list so far! Half of this made my Top 10 too. Great list! :D

    Here my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice with June! I'm really looking forward to Prodigy.

    Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love cinder. she is pretty kick ass. and celaena for sure. i still need to read a few of the books on your list but i love your picks.

    ttt @ nite lite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks :) !! I absolutely love Tris and Katniss too !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scout! I love TKAM. It's really been too long since I've read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I've been meaning to get around to the Graceling Realm...one of these days =D

    Here's my TTT for this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm yes! Lovin' your list!

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am pretty sure everyone here was on my long list. So hard to narrow it down. But since I have two daughters that is a great dilemma to have.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...