Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #47 - Split Second by Kasie West



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




Expected publication: February 11th 2014 
Publisher: HarperTeen


Life can change in a split second.

Addie hardly recognizes her life since her parents divorced. Her boyfriend used her. Her best friend betrayed her. She can’t believe this is the future she chose. On top of that, her ability is acting up. She’s always been able to Search the future when presented with a choice. Now she can manipulate and slow down time, too . . . but not without a price.

When Addie’s dad invites her to spend her winter break with him, she jumps at the chance to escape into the Norm world of Dallas, Texas. There she meets the handsome and achingly familiar Trevor. He’s a virtual stranger to her, so why does her heart do a funny flip every time she sees him? But after witnessing secrets that were supposed to stay hidden, Trevor quickly seems more suspicious of Addie than interested in her. And she has an inexplicable desire to change that.

Meanwhile, her best friend, Laila, has a secret of her own: she can restore Addie’s memories . . . once she learns how. But there are powerful people who don’t want to see this happen. Desperate, Laila tries to manipulate Connor, a brooding bad boy from school—but he seems to be the only boy in the Compound immune to her charms. And the only one who can help her.

As Addie and Laila frantically attempt to retrieve the lost memories, Addie must piece together a world she thought she knew before she loses the love she nearly forgot . . . and a future that could change everything.




I really enjoyed Pivot Point so I'm looking forward to seeing more of this story.


What's your Waiting on Wednesday pick this week?



7 comments:

  1. Wow!! Sounds like a great read!! I haven't read Pivot Point yet either, but I think I might have to get onto this series!

    Here’s My WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard so much about this, I should read it soon. Great pick :) New follower :D

    Crim Reviews WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Pivot Point yet, but I hear it's good. I hope you get it soon and you'll like this one too :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Been seeing a lot of this one lately! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES, YES and YES!
    Great choices! I have been looking forward to this for so long!

    Anyways besides your good taste in Wow books aha, I’ve been reading for posts and I seriously put 4 books in my TBR shelve so thank you for that!

    I’m a new blogger and would really appreciate it if you would check out my WOW and followed my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for this one, too. I loved PP and can't wait to see what happens next. Trevor! Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have Pivot Point on my TBR list, but I have read Kasie West's YA contemp novel and loved it, so hopefully I'll get to this series soon. Awesome pick, thanks for sharing!

    Bookmunchies' WoW and giveaway (:

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...