Monday, 5 August 2013

Mini Review Monday #2

I have decided to start doing some mini reviews to allow me to tell you what I thought of a book, without the full review depth. The reason why I have decided to do this is because some books have been out of a while and there are plenty of reviews on Goodreads if anyone wants further details already, and the other is that some of the books I've read are actually novellas and I wouldn't be able to write full reviews on something that is generally under 100 or so pages. 
I'm not sure if this will be a weekly, fortnightly or monthly thing. More than likely it will be just when I need to so a short review. I do have a few to do, but I'll space them out of the next few weeks and then take it from there. =)






Title: Crossing The Line

Author: Katie McGarry
Series: Pushing The Limits, #1.5
Published: April 1, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Source: Free for Kindle promo by Harlequin Teen Australia
Katie McGarry captivated readers with her “riveting, emotional”* Young Adult debut, Pushing the Limits. In this gripping novella, she tells the story of Lila and Lincoln, who discover that sometimes it’s worth crossing the line for love…

Lila McCormick, Echo's best friend from Pushing the Limits, first met Lincoln Turner when tragedy struck both their lives. But she never expected their surprise encounter would lead to two years of exchanging letters—or that she’d fall for the boy she’s only seen once. Their relationship is a secret, but Lila feels closer to Lincoln than anyone else. Until she finds out that he lied to her about the one thing she depended on him for the most.

Hurting Lila is the last thing Lincoln wanted. For two years, her letters have been the only thing getting him through the day. Admitting his feelings would cross a line he’s never dared breach before. But Lincoln will do whatever it takes to fix his mistakes, earn Lila’s forgiveness—and finally win a chance to be with the girl he loves.

My Thoughts
This was a lovely little (it's 67 pages!) novella about Lila. If you read Pushing The Limits, she was Echo's friend who in the end was the only one to stand by her. 
Lila's relationship with Lincoln is built up through letters, and as with Katie McGarry's stories, both have issues within their lives but have each other to depend on. 
You don't need to have read Pushing the Limits before this one. It's would read fine as a stand alone if you wanted. 
Even though it is a very short story, Katie McGarry managers to make fantastic characters and an emotional read. 

★★★★ Really Liked It



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...