Sunday, 11 August 2013

A to Z survey


I've seen a few bloggers doing this survey and I'm a sucker for surveys. I thought it would be a great way to see this week out. 
This was created by the wonderful and clever Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner, so head over and check out her answers too!


Author you've read the most books from:

Patricia Cornwell, with Sophie Kinsella and Stephen King tied for second place. 

Best Sequel Ever:

Tied between Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer & The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) by Julie Kagawa

Currently Reading:

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead & Banish by Nicola Marsh

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Coffee or Water. 

E-reader or Physical Book?

Physical books, although I find my kindle (and Kindle app on my phone) to be more convenient.  

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Ah, I'm not sure. ..... 

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

The Harvesting by Melanie Karsak. I signed up for the blog tour last year on a whim and it turned into a favourite read for the year. 

Hidden Gem Book:

Flawed by Kate Avelynn

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Discovering Goodreads. Without it I wouldn't have discovered book blogging, nor kept track of the books I own as well as I can now. 

Just Finished:


Kinds of Books You Won't Read:

Erotica.  

Longest Book You've Read:

The Witching Hour by Anne Rice at 1207 pages

Major book hangover because of:

If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch

Number of Bookcases You Own:

Not enough. I have one in the lounge that is full, and a small one that is full plus an old entertainment unit that our tv doesn't fit in that I have filled with books - which is why I need some, I need to replace the unit with a bookshelf. In all honesty I need at least 5 to cater for the amount of books I own so I can organise them somehow. 

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

I haven't re-read many (any) books other than To Kill A Mockingbird and I only re-read that once as I read it for school then years after school I wanted a copy and I read it again. 

Preferred Place To Read:

In my desk chair as I can turn and put my feet up on the sofa from there and recline. It's really comfortable and its near the front window so I get lots of light. 

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read:

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Reading Regret:

I don't really regret anything, but I do wish I had read more in during my twenties.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

I haven't started many series where all the books are out. I do need to finish the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella, and I've just read the first book in the Georgia Nicolson series which I now want to finish. I also need to finish the Sookie Stackhouse series and Rebecca Lim's Mercy series. 

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella, The Hobbit by J R R Tolkien, and the Harry Potter Series. (Yes I know that's cheating. Oh well).

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Sophie Kinsella, Brigid Kemmerer, Marissa Meyer and Melanie Karsak. 

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken. I need to know what happens!!!

Worst Bookish Habit:

Starting too many books at once, and buying too many books before I get a chance to read them. 

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:


Your latest book purchase:

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick & Shutdown (Glitch #3) by Heather Anastasiu

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis



4 comments:

  1. The Eternity Cure was a really good sequel too!
    Here is my A to Z Survey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'll probably do it this week. I love your quote, I'm one of the few or the only person that has not read the harry potter series (please don't kill me) :/
    So I don't get peoples fascination but that was a really good quote. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie Kinsella is one of my favourite Authors too, what book are you up to in the Shopaholic series? How about the Sookie Stackhouse and Mercy Series?

    I'm about to start Scarlet and The Eternity Cure, do you think these sequels are better than their book 1's?

    I just finished reading Banish by Nicola Marsh and I loved it.

    Btw nice to meet a fellow Aussie blogger, new follower or I should say subscriber ;)

    A-Z Survey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm up to Shopaholic and baby, so I believe I only have 2 more to read. I've only read the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, but I've started the second and I'm on page 20 so I haven't read much. I have read the first 2 books in the Mercy series, and only have 2 more to go, which I own though haven't gotten around too. Too many books!
      I loved both Scarlet and The Eternity Cure more than the first ones if that is at all possible, as I loved them a lot!
      I've enjoyed what I've read of Banish so far. I'm hoping to get more read soon.

      Yay! Another Aussie blogger! Thanks for stopping by, and following! ;)

      Delete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...