Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #45 - Uninvited by Sophie Jordan



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Expected Publication: January 28th 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen



The Scarlet Letter meets Minority Report in bestselling author Sophie Jordan's chilling new novel about a teenage girl who is ostracized when her genetic test proves she's destined to become a murderer.


When Davy Hamilton's tests come back positive for Homicidal Tendency Syndrome (HTS)-aka the kill gene-she loses everything. Her boyfriend ditches her, her parents are scared of her, and she can forget about her bright future at Juilliard. Davy doesn't feel any different, but genes don't lie. One day she will kill someone.

Only Sean, a fellow HTS carrier, can relate to her new life. Davy wants to trust him; maybe he's not as dangerous as he seems. Or maybe Davy is just as deadly.

The first in a two-book series, Uninvited tackles intriguing questions about free will, identity, and human nature. Steeped in New York Times bestselling author Sophie Jordan's trademark mix of gripping action and breathless romance, this suspenseful tale is perfect for fans of James Patterson, Michelle Hodkin, and Lisa McMann.




I love the sound of this. I mean imagine being able to test for homicidal tendencies! I can't imagine what it would feel like to be told something like that! That cover is gorgeous too!


What's your Waiting on Wednesday pick this week?

14 comments:

  1. I'm curious about this one as well!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for this book too.
    I love the whole DNA strands in her hair. I just think it's really cool.
    Great pick! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this book! it sounds amazing.

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got this one from Edelweiss a while back! Can't wait to get started, because this really sounds so intriguing. Plus don't you love that cover? :D Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this one before but I'm adding it on my to-read list right now. I love the sound of it and I'd love to read it when it comes out. Great pick and thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for this one too! Happy reading :)

    Crim Reviews WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds really interesting! Homicidal Tendency Sydrome, I love the sound of that, lol!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice! I can't wait for this either : )

    my WOW and giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES, YES and YES!
    Great choice! Im a HUGE FAN of Pivot Point

    Anyways besides your good taste in Wow books aha, I’ve been reading for posts and I seriously put 3 books in my TBR shelve so thank you for that! New follower!

    I’m a new blogger and would really appreciate it if you would check out my WOW and followed my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I've not read the synopsis for this before now, and it looks AWESOME!! I knew I liked the cover, though I also only just now noticed that her hair makes double helixes... So cool. Ahhh, now I don't know how I'm going to wait until January!

    Great choice!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, yes, YES!!! This has been on my TBR list for awhile now. That cover is amazing too! Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book seems to be gaining traction. Very interesting. Adding it to my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw men, I really want to know what happened! I'm hooked, but I get creeped out by this kind of stories. Im so torn. Thanks for sharing though! :)
    Waiting on Wednesday
    The Guys are Props Club - 5-star review

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, this sounds intriguing! I must add this to my TBR list. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...