Thursday, 27 June 2013

Debut-a-Thon: Goals and Updates




My Goal: 4 books. I'm not sure I'll get through them all though. Depends how much free time I get.

Books to Read:
Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis 
Taken by Erin Bowman
The Ward by Jordana Frankel
Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
Acid by Emma Pass
Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts
Contaminated by Em Garner
Pivot Point by Kasie West

Updates:

Thursday
Currently Reading: Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis 
Pages read: 201
Books read: -


Friday
Currently Reading: The Ward by Jordana Frankel
Pages read: 254
Books read: Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis 


Saturday
Currently Reading: The Ward by Jordana Frankel
Pages read: 166
Books read: -


Sunday
Currently Reading: Pivot Point by Kasie West
Pages read: 270 
Books read: The Ward by Jordana Frankel

Challenges:

Challenge #1
(highlight to view answers)
1. IIDFEOFYUNM (4 words)    If You Find Me
2. TAREDEL (1 word)             Altered
3. TPNPOOITIV (2 words)      Pivot Point
4. HCITAGRL (1 word)           Arclight
5. NPOSIO (1 word)               Poison
6. TSIPDENLER (1 word)       Splintered
7. ITSEHTELE (2 words)        The Elites

Challenge #2

I'm currently reading The Ward and I haven't read much of it to be able to put music to it, but I'm going to cheat a little with it as the character in the book, Ren, some kind of drag racing over the tops of buildings and over the water, and on page 42 as she drives off the end of the building she pushes a button to listen to music - "Highway to hell" by ACDC. It was actually pretty fitting for the scene. 

So to be fair, as I have finished Not A Drop To Drink I can, without cheating, pick a song. This proved to be really hard. There is a perfect song, but it would give away too much of the story. So I hunted through my music and came across 'Like a stone' by Audioslave and this fits the whole novel as well as a lot of little scenes, and gives nothing away. 





Challenge #3

I forgot!



Challenge #4
(highlight to view answers)
1. The Nightmare Affair

2. City of a Thousand Dolls ?

3. In The After 

4. The Rules for Disappearing 

5. Pretty Girl -13




8 comments:

  1. Great goal :D Your books sound great, especially Not a drop to drink!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Not a Drop To Drink this morning and loved it!

      Delete
  2. Great list! Taken's on my list as well. And congrats on getting all the answers! I totally didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh It took me a bit to work out Arclight and The Elites, I kept thinking they were something else and it took me a bit to get past that!

      Delete
  3. Wow! You have a massive goal. I don't think I'd be able to read 4 books in 4 days. Good luck though! I hope you have fun. Also, I hope you can do the Day 2 Challenge as well. It's on my blog!
    Pair That Debut Challenge #2
    Laura @ Music Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't think I'm going to get through 4 books, but I want to try. I wont have a chance to read as much after the 15th July so I'm trying to get through as many as I can now.
      I'm struggling with the Day 2 challenge, I read it before then bathed my son. Now I'll have a think about it. I'm not good at matching songs to books. :/

      Delete
    2. You really could've chosen anything but still, thank you for trying. I love the song you chose and I can see how it fits your song. The relationship between the two could've been anything but I'm still glad you made it specific. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. Regarding Challenge #4: Ooooooo, you're good XD

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...