Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #13 - The Eternity Cure by J Kagawa & Level 2 by L Appelhans

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I've cheated a bit this week as I've choosen two, but I have a good reason. =)


Expected publication: April 23, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.
 - Goodreads
I've been waiting on this sequel since I finished the first book The Immortal Rules some 6 months ago. The cover for this one was just recently released so I choose it for my WoW.  This is the new cover design for the series - yes that's right a new cover for The Immortal Rules too =(   


Expected publication: January 15th, 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

In this gripping exploration of a futuristic afterlife, a teen discovers that death is just the beginning.

Since her untimely death the day before her eighteenth birthday, Felicia Ward has been trapped in Level 2, a stark white afterlife located between our world and the next. Along with her fellow drones, Felicia passes the endless hours reliving memories of her time on Earth and mourning what she’s lost—family, friends, and Neil, the boy she loved.

Then a girl in a neighbouring chamber is found dead, and nobody but Felicia recalls that she existed in the first place. When Julian—a dangerously charming guy Felicia knew in life—comes to offer Felicia a way out, Felicia learns the truth: If she joins the rebellion to overthrow the Morati, the angel guardians of Level 2, she can be with Neil again.

Suspended between Heaven and Earth, Felicia finds herself at the center of an age-old struggle between good and evil. As memories from her life come back to haunt her, and as the Morati hunt her down, Felicia will discover it’s not just her own redemption at stake… but the salvation of all mankind. 
 - Goodreads
I'm cheating a bit putting Level 2 here because I've just recently got an ARC for it, so in a way I'm not really "waiting" on it any more, but since I haven't started to read it yet I wanted to feature it as my WoW this week as well I'm really excited about it! 

What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?  

Just a little note, I have a few giveaways going on at the moment so don't forget to check out the giveaway tab at the top. =)

16 comments:

  1. Nice! I cannot wait for The Eternity Cure either, but not crazy about the new cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read The Immortal Rules, but I hope I will get to it soon. I'm curently reading Julie's Iron Fey series and I love them so I'm sure this one will be great too! I didn't know there will be new covers, I liked the first one better.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for the second IR book! I loved the first one. Here's my Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely waiting on "The Eternity Cure," but "Level 2" sounds good too! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks. Lenore was on my blog the other day answering 5 Questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read The Immortal Rules, but I heard that it was an awesome book! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I'm super excited for The Eternity Cure - loved The Immortal Rules! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by My Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Eternity Cure sounds great, but I hate it when they change covers partway through a series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to read The Immortal Rules! I need to get a move on.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! I loved The Immortal Rules and I can't wait for what happens next. I'm also really excited about Level 2.

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really loving the new covers for the Kagawa books! I wasn't a big fan of the first one, but I still like the covers! And Level 2 YES! I want that one so bad! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome picks! I am definitely excited for The Eternity Cure!!! :)

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just cannot wait for more Julie Kagawa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never read anything by Julie Kagawa (don't hate me!). I own some of her books, and they've been on my TBR pile for forever. Perhaps over break I'll finally start one. Otherwise I'm also really looking forward to Level 2! Lucky you getting an ARC :P

    Thanks for stopping by my blog on Wednesday! I love your blog :)
    Chelsea Maya @ Books Turn Brains

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh The Eternity Cure - I really enjoyed The Immortal Rules so I'm looking forward to find out what happens to Allie next! And Level 2, yay!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...