Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #11 - Taken by Erin Bowman

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Expected publication: April 13th, 2013 by HarperTeen

There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends...and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive. 

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side? - Goodreads
I have seen this one around, but I'm still looking forward to it. I love the cover and the premise and can't wait to see how this one pans out.  


What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?  



10 comments:

  1. Taken has such an eye catching cover. And the summary doesn't sound half bad either. April seems so far away though >.<

    Here's my WoW if you're interested :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh interesting! Not familiar with this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one does sound soooo good. Thanks for sharing. Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cover, I am so curious about it. I keep wondering if it's a paranormal type book or something else. Awesome choice!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yessss, I've been dying to read Taken! I have an e-arc of it, thank goodness, so hopefully I'll get the chance to read it soon. Can't wait!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for helping me add to my TBR list!!! Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this summary and of course the cover, already had this one on the wishlist pile, so great pick!

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taken is now up on Edelweiss, so you can get it now if you want it. Great WOW choice.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I really like the orange and green tones of the cover. Definitely picking this one up!

    Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...