Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #8 - Dualed by Elsie Chapman

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




Expected publication: February 26th 2013 by Random House Books for Young Readers

You or your Alt? Only one will survive.

The city of Kersh is a safe haven, but the price of safety is high. Everyone has a genetic Alternate—a twin raised by another family—and citizens must prove their worth by eliminating their Alts before their twentieth birthday. Survival means advanced schooling, a good job, marriage—life.
Fifteen-year-old West Grayer has trained as a fighter, preparing for the day when her assignment arrives and she will have one month to hunt down and kill her Alt. But then a tragic misstep shakes West’s confidence. Stricken with grief and guilt, she’s no longer certain that she’s the best version of herself, the version worthy of a future. If she is to have any chance of winning, she must stop running not only from her Alt, but also from love . . . though both have the power to destroy her.
Elsie Chapman's suspenseful YA debut weaves unexpected romance into a novel full of fast-paced action and thought-provoking philosophy. When the story ends, discussions will begin about this future society where every adult is a murderer and every child knows there is another out there who just might be better. - Goodreads
I have a thing for dystopian and post apocalyptic books and I just love the sound of this one. 

What's your Waiting on Wednesday book this week?  

11 comments:

  1. Been seeing this a lot lately! I saw it on Netgalley too in case you hadn't heard!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what a gorgeous cover! Thanks for sharing this one - it looks amazing.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a pretty cool read - consider me intrigued.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for Dualed! I got it from Netgalley a week ago, and I can't wait to start reading it! Thanks for sharing :) Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so beyond excited for this one! I just got approved for it on Netgalley woohoo! I hope you get it soon!

    Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah. what a crazy plot.. but i like it! ;) great pick Check Out my WoW Katie @ INkk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this one a few times lately and it does look pretty good. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is available on NetGalley. :) I read it, and unfortunately, I wasn't crazy about it. :( It sucks because I was looking forward to this book soooo much!!! I hope you enjoy it more than I did.

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree this sounds like a really fun read! I hope you'll get your hands on it soon and that you'll love it! Thanks for sharing :) Here's my WoW pick this week.

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for this! It looks really good :)

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...