Friday, 9 November 2012

Feature & Follow #14


Feature and Follow Friday is host by Parajunkee and Allison Can Read and give bloggers a topic to discuss each week while discovering new blogs. 

Q: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?


I don't mind books with similar ideas as long as there is some originality to the story. Retellings if done well are great - I loved Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Fanfiction I'm not so sure about as I don't believe I've read any, but if it is too closely related to the original book I doubt I'd enjoy it. I find it boring to read the same thing over and over again.  

How about you? Leave me your link in the comments so I can see your answer. =)

11 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I've never read any fanfic that I can think of either.
    New follower via GFC :)
    My F&F: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-and-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read fanfiction these days. But like you said I love retellings like fairy tales or myths. And I don't mind books with similar ideas. I think a lot of us are taking this question differently. Some are really adamant about not reading books with similar ideas or characters or stuff life that. Basically someone else writing Person A's book. That I don't like either, but I don't mind two books regarding vampires saving the world!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, totally agree with you on this. :)

    Thanks for stopping in!

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! Great answer.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF and following. I'm an old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice answer.

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-and-follow-25_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I loved Cinder too. I can't wait to read her upcoming Scarlet.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean! I agree. I haven't really read much Fan-Fiction I don't think either. I have never read Cinder, but it has come across some FFs today. I better have a look at it! :)

    I'm a old follower.

    You have a lovely blog btw! Here's My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited about reading Cinder! It's one of the last books I plan on reading this year! :)

    New follower via GFC!

    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have to read Cinder, but I'm not sure if I should.. Some reviews make it sound like the best book ever, and others.. erm, not. XD

    I love Fanfiction, especially AU-fics, but I don't really like the idea of them getting published. :/

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...