Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Just HAD To Buy... But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Todays Top Ten Tuesday is Freebie! Your time to pick whatever topic you'd like! So I choose:

Top Ten Books Books I Just HAD To Buy... But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf

I've picked this one because I have so many books here that I'm yet to read and I wanted to give them all a little more exposure while waiting for me to get to them. I'm hoping to get through some, if not most, after my exams finish this week. I didn't put any ebooks in the list as this seems long enough (and bad enough) without thinking about what's not on my physical bookshelf. :/


In no particular order:

1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
2. Eon by Allison Goodman
3. Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
4. Spark by Brigid Kemmerer
5. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard 
6. This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers
7. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
8. Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon
9. Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
10. Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz

The other 15 books you can see (and that I'm also dying to read!)
11. A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
12. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
13. The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
14. Slated by Teri Terry
15. Matched by Ally Condie
16. Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
17. Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
18. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
19. Wildefire by Karsten Knight
20. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
21. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
22. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
23. Fire by Kristin Cashore
24. Burn Mark by Laura Powell
25. Team Human by Justine Larbalestier

That's bad, huh? Does anyone else have this problem? Please tell me I'm not the only one!! lol
I have another 5 books coming too (so much for my ban on buying books!) but you'll have to wait for my Saturday Stacking the Shelves posts to see what they are. 
In addition to my STS post keep an eye out for another giveaway as I'll be giveaway my copy of The Iron King (it's brand new - I haven't read it) but you'll have to wait and see why I'm giving it away! ;)  


What is your top ten this week? Leave me a comment so I can visit yours. =)

24 comments:

  1. Aaaah. Such lovely books! Um... so it's not all bad that you haven't read them since they look might fine on your shelf. Haha. I get what you mean about buying although you haven't finished earlier purchases. Ever since I discovered the bigger book blogosphere, I found that I couldn't keep my read all before buying rule anymore!

    Thanks for sharing!

    My Top Te-... er, Five is about video games. Yeah, I know. I am sooooo out of the loop. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding more books since coming across Goodreads and the book blogoshere.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I'm the same (but too embarrassed to admit how many books are in my TBR stack. A couple of months ago I joined the Mount TBR challenge - has been good! See more here: http://booksaremyfavouriteandbest.wordpress.com/2012/09/01/mount-tbr-reading-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check that out. I'm doing a challenge, but more books keep getting added. Don't worry, this is just a snippet of my TBR list, these are just the ones I want to read first.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Lol - you must read Daughter of Smoke & Bone as soon as possible ... but it's the only one I've read from the ones on your list. Everneath is one I've been meaning to read too for about a year, but haven't gotten to yet.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep that in mind when I get to these soon.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. wow thats alot.. an you have alot of great ones. alot on my Tbr list, and ive read and loved Matched and Spark . I wish i had your problem.. more than welcome to send some my way if your too overwhelmed ;) Check out our Top Ten Fictional Crushes Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad part is that this is only a sippet. Hopefully I'll get through enough before uni starts back up next year. =)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. You have some awesome books ahead of you! I'm the same, my TBR contains over 50 books (according to Goodreads). I intend to read them all, but some have been there for a very long time!

    MY TTT Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm ashamed to say that my TBR list on Goodreads is over 500. lol Some of them are maybes, and thankfully I don't own them all!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. So many books on that list that I want to read too!

    Don't worry, you definitely aren't the only one with this problem. I've got so many books on my TBR list right now that I could happily go until at least Christmas without buying/requesting/borrowing any more....and yet of course I will! I'd never be able to cope with a book ban, but I think I probably need to take one up.

    It's actually gotten so bad that my TTT post for the week is Top Ten Tips for managing the TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be checking out your TTT then!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. You are not the only one. My list is even longer :p Like.. waaaaaay long.

    But I LOVE the books you got there! Some awesome books are waiting for you. And you have some titles I really want to get for myself :) Happy reading ;)

    TTT@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish this was all I had. This is just the top ones I want to read. I'm ashamed to say my TBR list is over 500 - I just don't own them all.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. hahaha oh man can I ever relate to this TTT topic! So, Eon is also sitting on my shelf dying to be read! Shadow & Bone and Iron King are on my 'to-buy-next' list (high priority) but so are Carnival of Souls, Lucid, Everneath, Under the Never Sky & Shatter Me. I have however read Daughter of Smoke and Bone & Matched, and I hope you'll love both as much as I did (especially DoS&B) Thanks for sharing!

    Old follower, here's my TTT

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone seems to be highly recommended by everyone. I'll have to start with it then! =)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. I just read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and Don't Turn Around. Both were sooo good! I hope you get to read them soon!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get to them all soon too. =) One more exam tomorrow and then I can start.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Ohhh my god, you NEED to read Under the Never Sky soon!! I loved that book! I have to say that there are quite a few books that I decided I needed to buy but they're still sitting on my shelf unread haha. I'm reading The Immortal Rules at the moment which was one of them and I do not know why I didn't pick this up sooner!!

    I just discovered Eon and it sounds really awesome! Fire is another one that I thoroughly enjoyed and recommending you read soon lol. A lot of these books are on my TBR list as well, how I wish I could read faster!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so many books on my wishlist! And also a few that I also bought and have yet to read. ;) I have SUCH a problem with that. I have been hoarding books for years that I still haven't gotten to. Shatter Me included.

    C.J.
    Sarcasm & Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just under 50 books on my shelves I bought and haven't read. Ooops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am much worse than you, actually! I have 132 books on my kindle that I haven't read yet. Luckily, some of those are free classics, but there are loads of bought books as well. I don't know why I do it, but I sure do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your list! I don't even want to start thinking about how many books are still sitting on my shelf that I've bought goodness knows when xP

    Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier this week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ive read a few on your list.

    Smoke and Bone is pretty good. I just recieved the second book.

    Shatter Me is amazing very well written.

    I went on a book buying ban. Havent bought any new books in 4months. Yet somehow uhhemm my boyfriend keeps magically showin up with books on my woshlist that i so kindly printed and "accidently" left in his notebook.

    Good luck and happy reading.

    www.books-4-review.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...