Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Would Want On A Desert Island


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic discusses what books you would want on a desert island.

Chunky Books That I've Been Wanting To Read But Haven't

1. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

2. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy


3. A Game Of Thrones by George R. R. Martin


4. The Complete Novels of Jane Austen - This is on my list because I hated Pride and Prejudice when I read it at school. I think I may have been harsh towards it then and I'd love to give that and her other books another go.  


5. House Rules by Jodi Picolt


Some Of My Favourites That I'd Love To Read Again

6. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende

7. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

8. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella











A Couple of New Books To Keep Things Interesting

9. Eon by Alsion Goodman

10. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi





 What is your top ten this week? Leave me a comment so I can visit yours. =) 


5 comments:

  1. Great list! I put LotR on my list, because I already reread it a couple of times and it's still amazing! I should definitely reread The Hobbit though!

    My TTT / 200 Followers Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about being forced to read a book for school that often leads to dislike. Not always, though. I never had to read P&P for school; I read it on my own, and it is my all time favorite book. I do hope you give it another chance, and that you like it. I love Jane Austen's sense of humor. It's very subtle, but it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list :) Shatter me does look good have not heard of it till now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list especially The Complete Works of Jane Austen. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you hate Pride and Prejudice. Please give it another try! xD

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...