Monday, 25 June 2012

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1)


Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: April 24, 2012
Genre: Young Adult - Post Apocalyptic, Action/Adventure

★★★★★

Read from June 10 to 13, 2012


In a dystopian future where most of the human population were killed by the Red Lung disease, vampires rule and humans are just pets. Those that are not are left to survive in the outer circle of the city, scavenging for food and living in poverty. Then there are the rabids, some gone-bad-vampires/zombie type creatures.
Allison Sekemoto is our protagonist, and she was awesome. Allie hates vampires and has to face death or becoming what she hates. When Allie flees her city, New Covington, she runs into a group of humans and has to hide her true nature from them, as they search for Eden – a city free from vampires.
The characters were well rounded. There were characters I loved and ones I hated – they had personality. Zeke was great, caring, loyal, and able to see behind the monster that Allie became.
Ruth was the mean girl who thinks Allie is after Zeke, who she loves, but also believes Allie is hiding something.
Jed is the leader of the human group looking for Eden. He’s the kind of character that you love to hate, especially in his dealings with Zeke. He is a bit of a surprise at the end but over all I just simply disliked him.
The vampires are real in this book – not the sparkly animal drinking ones. These ones are not human friendly.
Some people have commented that this book was slow in parts but I didn’t find that. I was hooked from the start and felt it was well paced.
Julie Kagawa has a nice writing style. I haven’t read her Iron Fey series but it’s definitely on my reading list now.
This is one of my favourites for the year and I look forward to the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...